Built a wall - to keep bad tone out.

can I be your friend?
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 8.30.19 am.png

If this is you, then a firm no.

I’m building a mini wall in honor of your wall . My wife hates the inspiration you have given me . Once my Hermansson and Mark 3++ get back from them I’ll set up my mini wall lol

some trivia for you....this character-the head sister....his name is Boggs. My last name is Boggs.....that's all I have to say about this....
Too funny! I hope things are going better for you than they did for him.

So we’ve been doing some filming this week - thought it’s time to dip our toes in the YouTube waters. Turns out it’s hell of a lot more work than anticipated but certainly lots of fun.

Question for you guys - what do or don’t you want to hear in an amp video? Was thinking some full mixes for kicks but mostly raw samples of each amp with a variety of guitars and cabs - no pedals, effects or talking. I'd like to cover a range of genres too, from super clean funk to rock to modern metal.

That’s just my personal preference but interested to hear some opinions.

DB1.png

DB2.png

DL1.png

Last edited:
Too funny! I hope things are going better for you than they did for him.

So we’ve been doing some filming this week - thought it’s time to dip our toes in the YouTube waters. Turns out it’s hell of a lot more work than anticipated but certainly lots of fun.

Question for you guys - what do or don’t you want to hear in an amp video? Was thinking some full mixes for kicks but mostly raw samples of each amp with a variety of guitars and cabs - no pedals, effects or talking. I'd like to cover a range of genres too, from super clean funk to rock to modern metal.

That’s just my personal preference but interested to hear some opinions.

View attachment 104479

View attachment 104482

View attachment 104485

With so many options at your disposal, my suggestion is to whittle it down somewhat. By that I mean record each amp through the one cabinet that matches it best and optimize the amp's EQ for said cabinet. Taking that a step further, consider demonstrating each amp's best tones only. We don't necessarily need clean channel clips of the 5150 or Recto when some others in that collection have superior cleans. Having different players with different guitars going through the same amps would be interesting as well.

With so many options at your disposal, my suggestion is to whittle it down somewhat. By that I mean record each amp through the one cabinet that matches it best and optimize the amp's EQ for said cabinet. Taking that a step further, consider demonstrating each amp's best tones only. We don't necessarily need clean channel clips of the 5150 or Recto when some others in that collection have superior cleans. Having different players with different guitars going through the same amps would be interesting as well.
Yep cool, all good points thanks.

You lot aren't known for being bashful so c'mon - hit me with your tips and suggestions (y)

No talking is important. I skip through it anyway. If I’m watching the video I’m watching it for the tone capture anyway.

as far as the amps? I like to hear comparisons of amps that are dialed in for their best tone, not with controls set at 5 just for the sake of setting at 5.

Demos where they leave the EQ at noon drive me crazy. What do they think they are showing exactly. There are several amps that don’t come alive until you max or kill something. Too many vids of classic era circuits where they never crank the treble or presence to make it cook and/or dump the bass to tighten it up and you just get a dull, bloated tone that no one would use.

Agree with hearing them all dialled into their best, but I'd love to hear them each on their best clean tone to see who can deliver on that front too.

A good assortment of riffs and licks on each amp in their prime too, not just the usual youtube typical riffs we see for each amp, ie: Vh4 - drop D riffs, SLO - Ratt riffs, Jubilee - Slashery. We know how they sound for those home ground tones, I'd love to hear them each get the same selection of riffs and licks that cover a range of bands and see how they cope with heavy, fast, tight, loose etc.. riffs.

Agree with hearing them all dialled into their best, but I'd love to hear them each on their best clean tone to see who can deliver on that front too.

A good assortment of riffs and licks on each amp in their prime too, not just the usual youtube typical riffs we see for each amp, ie: Vh4 - drop D riffs, SLO - Ratt riffs, Jubilee - Slashery. We know how they sound for those home ground tones, I'd love to hear them each get the same selection of riffs and licks that cover a range of bands and see how they cope with heavy, fast, tight, loose etc.. riffs.

This. Kind of like how GuitarJon does?

I just don’t understand why you haven’t daisy-chained enough a/b/y switchers so you can play all the amps simultaneously at volume…and of course film it. Plus do it dressed as Marty McFly

:LOL: Right?

Back