Bush League Reverb Deal

UberschallEL34":1kbyaxh8 said:
napalmdeath":1kbyaxh8 said:
UberschallEL34":1kbyaxh8 said:
having similar issue now on an amp. loaded fake tracking for an item delivered on other side of USA, not to me.
Did you get it straightened out?

I did - amp arrived today safely and as advertised, in spite of the tracking drama he made it right.

Live and learn. But after two times you figure you would. I wouldn’t do any more business with a confirmed pathological liar. Guru Network recently denied one of our own forum members refund requests after the whole fake tracking and lies about finding out he has no stock whatsoever.

GOHOINC":1jhc6bwo said:
While the tracking # thing happened with the custom order I did with GGN, Keith made it right and I got exactly what I paid for same as UberschallEL34 experienced. I've also purchased numerous pedals and a couple Friedman guitars which all shipped immediately from GGN. I understand not liking the tracking practice, I didn't like it either when it happened on my custom order, but in the end, Keith has always delivered for me... I guess what I'm saying is that even though this stuff is frustrating, in my experience Keith is no scumbag.

Anybody who knowingly, and purposely posts fake tracking numbers for no reason other than to defraud for his own gain, to get his payouts, and to maintain his quick seller fraudulently, is a scumbag. PERIOD. How you would defend a pathological liar with unethical business practices, and inexcusable behavior, is beyond me. He's a scam artist = scumbag.

napalmdeath":28affw7d said:
GOHOINC":28affw7d said:
While the tracking # thing happened with the custom order I did with GGN, Keith made it right and I got exactly what I paid for same as UberschallEL34 experienced. I've also purchased numerous pedals and a couple Friedman guitars which all shipped immediately from GGN. I understand not liking the tracking practice, I didn't like it either when it happened on my custom order, but in the end, Keith has always delivered for me... I guess what I'm saying is that even though this stuff is frustrating, in my experience Keith is no scumbag.

Anybody who knowingly, and purposely posts fake tracking numbers for no reason other than to defraud for his own gain, to get his payouts, and to maintain his quick seller fraudulently, is a scumbag. PERIOD. How you would defend a pathological liar with unethical business practices, and inexcusable behavior, is beyond me. He's a scam artist = scumbag.

Thats just, like your opinion, man...

I'm not defending or condoning anything. I simply said that he's always delivered exactly what I paid for on every deal I've ever had with him. The one time we had this issue, I didnt like it anymore than anyone else appears to. But I still got what I paid for and Keith took care of me with some free stuff, to make it as right as he could, and he didn't have to. That, to me, is not what a scumbag does. A scumbag would just take your money and deliver nothing.

I get that he didn't have what you wanted in stock and drop shipping is against the rules, and if thats enough to call someone a scumbag in your book, so be it. I thought the internet should at least see another perspective that maybe doesn't involve name calling... :scared:

GOHOINC":2ua7g113 said:
napalmdeath":2ua7g113 said:
GOHOINC":2ua7g113 said:

Thats just, like your opinion, man...

I'm not defending or condoning anything. I simply said that he's always delivered exactly what I paid for on every deal I've ever had with him. The one time we had this issue, I didnt like it anymore than anyone else appears to. But I still got what I paid for and Keith took care of me with some free stuff, to make it as right as he could, and he didn't have to. That, to me, is not what a scumbag does. A scumbag would just take your money and deliver nothing.

I get that he didn't have what you wanted in stock and drop shipping is against the rules, and if thats enough to call someone a scumbag in your book, so be it. I thought the internet should at least see another perspective that maybe doesn't involve name calling... :scared:

Ok, so scumbag may be a bit harsh. I'll just stick with liar and a fraud. If the shoe fits.....

I just (unknowingly) started into a similar issue with a guitar from this seller three weeks ago. Now trying to get a refund with communication to Reverb, the seller, and complaints to the Atlanta BBB. He's listing a guitar I pre-ordered 3 weeks ago as "in stock" now, but unable to ship.

I just (unknowingly) started into a similar issue with a guitar from this seller three weeks ago. Now trying to get a refund with communication to Reverb, the seller, and complaints to the Atlanta BBB. He's listing a guitar I pre-ordered 3 weeks ago as "in stock" now, but unable to ship.
Sorry bro - I will never deal with the guy again. I did get my amp but I think phony tracking info to get paid is shady business. I see listings come up in searches and I always bypass that seller. If you do not have it - it is not "in stock." Unless you upfront advertise it is drop shipping from other party etc.

Lovely. Best of luck to you.

Reverb said this:
"Thanks so much for contacting the Customer Engagement team at Reverb! We’ve received your request and will get back to you as soon as possible."

That's about the most significant thing I got in that message. Maybe some links to non-applicable help articles.

I did report this as mail fraud, as USPS tracking numbers were used. If anybody else got this treatment using USPS numbers, here you go:
https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

So that finally got a refund. I think:

First Email:
Hi charles,

Your request for a refund has been denied by the seller.

Note from seller: Don’t ever darken our doorstep again

Contact customer support if you have any questions.

Second email: (specifics removed)
Hi charles,

You've been issued a refund for (guitar) from (you-know-who).

Reason: Buyer requested return

$(amount) has been refunded to your credit card.

Now to follow up with the CC company to make sure it happens.

Third Email:

You’re a moron. Gladly

Update: The CC company shows the refund as pending, usually this takes overnight to "post".

So that finally got a refund. I think:

First Email:
Hi charles,

Your request for a refund has been denied by the seller.

Note from seller: Don’t ever darken our doorstep again

Contact customer support if you have any questions.

Second email: (specifics removed)
Hi charles,

You've been issued a refund for (guitar) from (you-know-who).

Reason: Buyer requested return

$(amount) has been refunded to your credit card.

Now to follow up with the CC company to make sure it happens.
Yeah I got the same treatment and verbiage but no refund. I did eventually get my amp. I still have it but will never order anything from that guy again.

Keith Beres of The Guitar Guru Network (in his apartment with no stock) has struck again!! I’m really surprised this guy is still able to sell on Reverb or anywhere. Insane

Last edited:
I am involved in a strange scenario right now. I have an amp I purchased on Reverb that is apparently shipping from the manufacturer. This amp is pretty sought after at the moment. I had it on order with Sweetwater but gave up on them and saw one on reverb so I cancelled the order with SW and bought the one on Reverb. I thought I would receive it within a week or so like a normal type of deal.

While I am waiting, incorrect tracking gets entered in Reverb by mistake and the item says it was shipped before I purchased it and delivered to another state. I sent many messages about this and the seller says that it was error and he expected the amp to ship in 2 days and he would update tracking.

I followed up a few more times and even called but did not get through.

Then later, I am told the amp is shipping from the manufacturer and the guy is waiting for them to send it out to me direct.

Looking at the original listing, the shipping says it is from the seller, NOT the manufacturer. I think this was a misrepresentation of things and frankly is bush league. I am understanding person and get that we are in a pandemic etc, but this seems shady to me. I still do not have any tracking or shipping info except incorrect info.

I know I am protected by Reverb in this matter, but it seems lame to take my cash and not ship my amp (and not have any control over the shipping of the amp as a seller). The seller has good feedback and has advised me of personal challenges that he is currently facing.

Curious to hear how others feel. Seems like running a "virtual shop" is nothing but passing paper with little control or accountability.

Ask questions before you do business and never assume anything. This is the lesson I have learned.

Damn. Probably that guitar guru guy. He sells stuff all the time he doesn’t have. Shyster.

*updated

Just noticed this was from months ago. I only read the first post and responded. Of course it was guitar guru network. That dude drop ships everything. Always uses the upsetting family issue and blames the company of the product ordered. Reverb and eBay should van this dude. Unethi

Last edited:
Damn. Probably that guitar guru guy. He sells stuff all the time he doesn’t have. Shyster.

*updated

Just noticed this was from months ago. I only read the first post and responded. Of course it was guitar guru network. That dude drop ships everything. Always uses the upsetting family issue and blames the company of the product ordered. Reverb and eBay should van this dude. Unethi
Yep. 100% douchebaggery. Did it to me too.

I was looking for a Bogner GF SL and Reverb only had 2 listed. One of them being from this guy. I was tempted to reach out and ask if he (they) really had one in stock, but decided against it. Glad I didn't head down that dark path.
At brand new price Sweetwater made more sense, but I found one used anyway and that fit what I wanted to spend much better.

It costs the seller $$ to issue a refund, but I suppose with the volume and enough people eventually gettnig their items he is making out in the end even after having to do some refunds.

Glad I am aware of this now.

The Guitar Guru Network - Keith Beres... OMG
I wish I googled this store name and found this thread before order a IN STOCK brand new LA-2A compressor from this scam artist from Reverb.
I was fooled by his hi-seller status (which later I checked and it's full of scam reports)

Same pattern: Duplicate listing.
I bought one.
3 days passed with an UNKOWN STATUS USPS tracking number.
I dropped a message asking what's going on... and "Suzane" replied: "I will take a look at it".
Juts then I actually check his latest feedbacks and googled store name...
BAM... asked for Refund due to SCAM.
The rest, you can enjoy at the attached pictures.
The money is back to my Paypal account, but not my time.

Attachments

• TGGN Scam.png
    TGGN Scam.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 78
Back