Bypass power amp on Torpedo C.A.B. M+

phildro

Before I pull the trigger on purchasing the Torpedo pedal, I want to confirm that I can bypass the power amp section on the Torpedo and rely on my 5150's power amp? If not, it's not necessarily a deal breaker, but I'm pretty fond of my 5150 power amp. I could not find this info in the manual. Thanks

The website says:
The preamp and power amp sections can be independently engaged. Therefore, you can place the C.A.B. M+ between your tube amp and a reactive load box to create a ‘silent stage’ or use the Torpedo C.A.B. M+ with your favourite preamp pedal.

so you should be good using the amps power section just make sure you have a load connected to the speaker out

You absolutely can. I do this ..if you kick in the power cab with it, it sounds way too bass heavy. It literally is push the knob down and turn it for on/off. Just takes some getting used to scrolling through the menus OR you save an IR preset without a power amp sim. I have been using my own, surprisingly better than all these IR's done with XYZ amazing preamp. I use a 57 and cascade fathead combo on a Weber legacy IR and it is very satisfying to play on when I want silent practice.

My signal chain is amp speaker out> CAB M > Torpedo Reload for the load.

Sorry, older thread I know.

Back