Cab recommendation for herbert mk3

Redneckstomp

I bought a new herbert mk3 a few days ago. I love this amp with my bogner uberkab. But, I want buy other cab for my herbie. Diezel cab is the way to go? I torn between Diezel 412 front loaded or Fryette fat bottom with fane f70(I read the post somewhere that this cab is good with herbert). Or any cab recommendation?

Front loaded Diezel is amazing with my Herbert’s . It great with all my amps actually.

Do you like the tone with Mesa cab? I had oversized mesa cab and I thought it was a little boomy for my taste. So, sold it.
I like it, didn’t want boomy so that’s why I went traditional. Can’t compare to the K100 until I get it.

I had both at the same time...The Fryette Fat Bottom with Fane F70 blew away the Diezel FL K100 cab I had, IMO. The Diezel cab was sold fairly quickly. It was overly dark and flat sounding and didn't have the punch of the Fryette cab. I tried various other speaker combinations in it too. It was better with v30s and v30/k100 mix, but in the end, just didn't sound near as good as the Fryette cab to me.

PJGHPS8.jpeg

I had both at the same time...The Fryette Fat Bottom with Fane F70 blew away the Diezel FL K100 cab I had, IMO. The Diezel cab was sold fairly quickly. It was overly dark and flat sounding and didn't have the punch of the Fryette cab. I tried various other speaker combinations in it too. It was better with v30s and v30/k100 mix, but in the end, just didn't sound near as good as the Fryette cab to me.

PJGHPS8.jpeg
Wow, Thanks!! It seems like FB cab is beyond my imagination 😆

I’m looking at getting a 2x12 for dragging my Herbert to jams, don’t have the space for a 4x12.

The fane fat bottom 2x12 looks pretty good. max power handling is 140 watts though. I’m not planning on cranking it but it would suck to blow up a $1k cab!

Back