Cameron Aldrich vs Ground Zero MOAB

its hard to tell with a single centered track, a riff being played double tracked and panned would be easier to tell but.. i think the fuller mids of the cameron are going to work better in a mix, i do like the top end sparkle of the groundzero but im affraid thats gonna get lost with the cymbals and may sound a little thin when that happens, theres no way to really tell though without the rest of the band. any minor differences could be fixed mixing anyway. they both sound good :dunno:

both killer. Cameron is a bit thicker but maybe more congested too. Ground Zero has deeper lows and more extended highs. I like Ground Zero more but it’s hard to say one is better or worse than the other.

The main thing is your playing is killer and sounds great.

Is the video how the amps were actually set? If so the Cameron might have sounded better if it was dialed in vs all the knobs at noon.

Preferred the bottom end of the Cameron. But honestly I'd like to have heard them together as the GZ seemed to have more top end going on and they might compliment each other well (or I'm wrong and they horribly clash in the mids).

Cameron seems to have a deeper, darker evil low mid growl while the GZ has the better standout mids; both grind really well and have great clarity. Definitely fantastic tones here!
Killer job Blake!

They definitely have some similarities but yet still sound quite different. MOAB is wider and Cam more focused. I liked both, each one for different clips and was having trouble picking a favorite until the Them Bones solo and that swayed me to the Cameron. Those mids:rock:...I'm a sucker for great mids. My preference might be just due to one donor amp being a little better than the other.

Two very different amps to compare. Night and day. Both sound good. Aldrich is 4 gain stages, not cathode follower, plate driven stack. I think the MOAB is more like a Jose so it uses clippers for its distortion with 3 stages(could have 4) and cathode follower.

Back