Cameron rundown

i have seen a cameron traynor before, i remember making an offer for one a while back
I have one. Bought from the original owner, who was friends with Mark. He sold me both the Traynor and a JCM800 2204 with a one off mod that Mark had done for him.
The Traynor got a master volume is was voiced to sound like the best stock 2204 there is. The 800 2204 does sound like it picks up where the Traynor left, and pushes it way beyond the 800 boundaries, without loosing is original characteristics. And if you start using the pre gain knob, then it becomes this super fat, tight and gainny beast. Lugo tried out this 800 and nick named it "The Doommy 800".
Both are some of my all time faves.

Although it was super interesting to look into, I honestly couldn’t wait to get the thing off my bench. I was dreading that it might need some real remedial work which would be a nightmare.

Also re the clipping, it was a really weird arrangement on the regular cathode of that stage with that ‘Comp’ pot. It had no audible effect, I concluded that it was an experimental mod which simply didn’t pan out.

Although it was super interesting to look into, I honestly couldn’t wait to get the thing off my bench. I was dreading that it might need some real remedial work which would be a nightmare.

Also re the clipping, it was a really weird arrangement on the regular cathode of that stage with that ‘Comp’ pot. It had no audible effect, I concluded that it was an experimental mod which simply didn’t pan out.
I can’t imagine breaking something that complex with no schematic and questionable mod practices and henceforth having to eat the debug bench time to get it working again. I don’t blame you one bit for wanting to wrap up repairs, check the bias, and move on quickly before it self implodes and you’re left with the task of fixing something already on the cusp of fault.

The Cameron aldrich I have just uses simple rubber silicone for component placement and picture proofing. It could be easily ripped off for repairs and if needed reapplied. I think I’m honestly more impressed that someone was actually able to get that black epoxy off without damaging the board or component leads/pads.

I think I’m honestly more impressed that someone was actually able to get that black epoxy off without damaging the board or component leads/pads.
I was wondering at that was done with a chemical solvent, or manually by scraping ?

or both

:unsure:

Jeff, its posts like your that made me not buy one of his amps when he was around and you could actually purchase from Jason. Some builders can be quirky...some musicians can be quirky.. thats understandable. Being an out and out thief is way different than being quirky. No excuse. Shitty thing is sooo many ppl have tried to help the guy and its always turned bad. Sucks you still havent gotten your amp.
Ya well I bought one of the first amps when he was partners with Chris....got it after forever didn't like it sold it. Sent him a project Jackson 50 watt head....had communication with him for the first year then.... crickets 😭

Fun fact: a prominent tech that runs an amp company many of us have heard of recently opened up Hanneman’s number one 800….. guess who it had been modded by?
Has to be eddy lenz, Hanneman handed lenz a soldering iron and Heineken straight out the womb and said get to work.

Fun fact: a prominent tech that runs an amp company many of us have heard of recently opened up Hanneman’s number one 800….. guess who it had been modded by?
The one I got, that belonged to Hanneman, was modded on the mid to late 80s by Frank Levy.

Last edited:
i talked to that dude jason years ago about my kerry king proto krank before he started working with mark, i think he was friends with hanneman and his tech and he knew the story of my krank so i guess its not crazy if hanneman had a cameron

Back