Captor X and Fender Deluxe Reverb/ crackling noise past 2.5 on volume

legzalez

Hi, everyone. I just got the Captor X. The only problem is that if go pass 2.5 on volume, there's a some fizzy, distorted sound coming thru the headphones. The deluxe should stay pretty clean up to 3.5 - 4 on volume, as it does when using it with its speaker. The noise is not a nice, harmonic distortion out of cranking the amp, again, I'm not even close to doing that. I already tried using the lower gain inputs on the deluxe. The speaker cable is brand new. I am using the low setting on the Captor X's input. There's no clipping showing in the software. This happens if I'm connected directly into the amp, no effects, or if I'm using my pedals. Part of the reason of getting the Captor was to be able to bring the deluxe volume higher while not killing the family at night:) With volume at 2 is OK, but what's the point of having the Captor? It is almost the same thing as using the amp directly.

Tomorrow I will try it with a Marshall JCM 900 to see if get the same thing. Please, if anyone has a clue, let me know, I still have time to return it, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Hi, everyone. I just got the Captor X. The only problem is that if go pass 2.5 on volume, there's a some fizzy, distorted sound coming thru the headphones. The deluxe should stay pretty clean up to 3.5 - 4 on volume, as it does when using it with its speaker. The noise is not a nice, harmonic distortion out of cranking the amp, again, I'm not even close to doing that. I already tried using the lower gain inputs on the deluxe. The speaker cable is brand new. I am using the low setting on the Captor X's input. There's no clipping showing in the software. This happens if I'm connected directly into the amp, no effects, or if I'm using my pedals. Part of the reason of getting the Captor was to be able to bring the deluxe volume higher while not killing the family at night:) With volume at 2 is OK, but what's the point of having the Captor? It is almost the same thing as using the amp directly.

Tomorrow I will try it with a Marshall JCM 900 to see if get the same thing. Please, if anyone has a clue, let me know, I still have time to return it, but hopefully it won't come to that.
I’ve been using the Captor now with my JCM 900, and no problems at all with that one, so I’m thinking that there might be something wrong with my deluxe reverb. I will keep you posted. My guess is that if/when there’s anything wrong with the amp the captor makes it more obvious? Maybe because the monitors/ headphones are right in your face, as opposed as an amp speaker which is down on the floor?

I’ve been using the Captor now with my JCM 900, and no problems at all with that one, so I’m thinking that there might be something wrong with my deluxe reverb. I will keep you posted. My guess is that if/when there’s anything wrong with the amp the captor makes it more obvious? Maybe because the monitors/ headphones are right in your face, as opposed as an amp speaker which is down on the floor?
Obviously using your high/low adjustment setting yes? And checking TorpedoRemote output levels for clipping??

Let us know.

Obviously using your high/low adjustment setting yes? And checking TorpedoRemote output levels for clipping??

Let us know.
Yes. No clipping. My jcm900 is working fine, so I’m guessing is an issue related to my fender deluxe reverb.

Is it just on the vibrato channel? I get noise there as well with volume on 4-5 and above and the highest attenuation setting on the Captor X but it is fine through the Normal channel??

Back