Captor X Noob! Can this Act as an External FX loop?

phil b

So this is my first jump into a digital load box. Give me mics, reel to reels and outboard gear and I'm in my element... this not so much! :LOL: :LOL:

I would like to be able to use the Captor X with an outboard effects rack with an amp that does not have an effects loop. If I understand the manual right I can hook up my outboard gear with the XLR outs and go straight into a console. I would guess the ouput from the XLRS are giving me the full pre/power section of the amp without altering the signal at all? Now is it possible at all to wire the Captor X to come out of the amp, into the Effects and back into the Captor X out to my speaker cab? Going over the manual it doesnt seem like that scenario will work but using those XLR outs to my effects and then into a console would work.

Would it be ok then to take the signal from the effects and go into a power amp and into a cab? Essentially I would be taking the full pre/power section of the original amp into effects then back out to another power section. Have never done this and I'm not all that versed with running these type of load boxes.
Sorry for the winded questions. Just want to make sure I dont blow up the amp, the Torpedo..etc!
Thanks!

Hello Phil

I would guess the ouput from the XLRS are giving me the full pre/power section of the amp without altering the signal at all?

Yes, you can send the dry amp sound to the console by bypassing the Torpedo processing in the Captor X.

However, it is not possible to send this signal to your cabinet after having been processed by our external rack effects. There is no line input on the Captor X, nor any effects return connection.

Would it be ok then to take the signal from the effects and go into a power amp and into a cab?
Yes it is possible to do so. It is the same as connecting it to an active PA speaker or studio monitor.

Thanks for the reply! I figured as much but again, I am not all that familiar with these type of boxes so wasnt sure if there could be a trick I am missing. Thanks again.

dilhoo":2p13m7uo said:
My pleasure. Do not hesitate to submit your questions on the Two notes' helpdesk in the future, if needed.
Good to know.. and thank you again! :thumbsup:

Back