Captor X output to audio interface's input (mic, line in or hi-z)?

BZGS

First time to use Captor X, and I have a YAMAHA UR-44 audio interface. When I read the manual of Captor X, it doesn't mention which input of the audio interface I should connect to. I do know the output of Captor X is XLR type, but my UR-44 has 4 inputs in the front panel. Inputs 1&2 are Mic/Hi-Z, and inputs 3&4 are Mic/Line.
There are 2 line-in inputs at the rear panel. I check the manual of UR-44, it says, the mic inputs can take -52dBu ~ -8dBu, line-in is -32dBu ~ +12dBu, and Hi-Z is -44dBu ~ 0dBu. The output of Captor X is XLR Balanced and its maximum level is 15dBu, which is adjustable by the output knob. My guess is, I can connect the output of Captor X to the 4 inputs in the front panel of my UR-44, and if the output is too high, I simply turn down the output a bit on the Captor X. Or I can say, inputs 3&4 is better, because their line-in can take up to +12dBu, am I right?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

indeed, you can use any of the inputs of the UR44. The Captor X outputs any level from nothing up to +15dBu. The only thing you need to make sure (apart from clipping your input) is to use balanced cables if you connect to the line inputs of the Yamaha.
As you said, if the levels are too for the mic inputs, use the line inputs.

Kind regards

Hello,

indeed, you can use any of the inputs of the UR44. The Captor X outputs any level from nothing up to +15dBu. The only thing you need to make sure (apart from clipping your input) is to use balanced cables if you connect to the line inputs of the Yamaha.
As you said, if the levels are too for the mic inputs, use the line inputs.

Kind regards

Thank you!

I use the XLR mic inputs with my Steinberg UR44, levels about 9 ~ 10 o'clock and 10 o'clock on the CapX..

Back