Captor X randomly changing presets

RossL

I am using the captor X as a load box (no speaker). Connected to my amp's speaker output, from the CX to my mixer via 2 XLR's.

I am using my iPhone13 to control the CX. I had saved 4 presets in preset 37, 38, 39.

First I started noticing when I turn the unit on, it sometimes switches to a different preset (seems to revert back to one of the presets that are standard within the app). This also happens while I am playing.

Any suggestions?

I am using the captor X as a load box (no speaker). Connected to my amp's speaker output, from the CX to my mixer via 2 XLR's.

I am using my iPhone13 to control the CX. I had saved 4 presets in preset 37, 38, 39.

First I started noticing when I turn the unit on, it sometimes switches to a different preset (seems to revert back to one of the presets that are standard within the app). This also happens while I am playing.

Any suggestions?
If you can try hard-loading those presets to the actual preset function knob on the CaptorX - and then not employ your iPhone - see if the problem ceases or persists.

My guess is it will cease - which would mean it's a parsing error between the Captor and the iPhone's interface. If that's the case, uninstall from iPhone and re-install.

Just my 2 cents.
But please keep us posted.
Mo

I will try to load my preset as you described. I already removed and reloaded the app on my phone and also on my PC.

I also did a firmware update from 5.22 to 5.25

Still seeing the problem even when the iphone app is not connected to the Captor. So there is no iPhone App or USB connection to my PC and it keeps changing. Opened a ticket with Two-Notes.............before I posted here. Not getting much help from them

Last edited:
I saved my preset to "Torpedo" setting #1. When I set the knob to #1.........the unit is going to #2. I cannot access #1 with the preset knob on the front of the unit

I have since saved my preset to preset 2. Now I can reach my preset and it doesn’t seem to be changing

It seems the problem was caused by the knob when it as set to preset number one

Hello @RossL . Can you please forward me the ticket number on the Two notes helpdesk so I can go through it and see with the team about your issue? During the festive period, the helpdesk was running with less staff, unfortunately.

I could not find a ticket related to your issue around the dates of your message on Rig Talk.

Thank you for the reply. I have exchanged the unit. This was bad out of the box not interested in having a warranty repair

Back