Captor X with Fender Blues Junior IV

Ys1973

I have Fender Blues Junior IV combo amp and thinking of buying Captor X 8 Ohm mainly for its attenuation feature.
First of all I am not sure how good Captor X attenuation is with low wattage amps like Blues junior IV and how is treats Over Drive, Delay and Wah pedals.
The speaker cable of my amp is quite short, is there any way to connect Captor X with this amp without soldering a long speaker cable?
I have heard about using speaker extension cable (Female Jack -- male jack) and Female to female jack connector but not sure if its safe to use.
Could someone please guide me here as I am new to all this.

Thanks

Hello @Ys1973

Yes, you can use the Captor X for the attenuation needs you have. I use a Hotrod Deluxe with a Captor X. The Blues junior is less powerful than the Hotrod obviously, but my playing level on the Hotrod is the lowest possible, and the attenuator really helps me in pushing the amp a bit more to have the real tone of the amp (and it is amazing !) . So I have no doubt the Captor X will suit your amp.
As for the extension cable, indeed on these amps (hotrod and blues junior) the speaker cable is really short. It is possible to extend the speaker cable with an extension cable as long as the extension cable has the right size of wires inside. Afte quite some research, I think I will have to build my own cable to do so.

Hello @Ys1973

Yes, you can use the Captor X for the attenuation needs you have. I use a Hotrod Deluxe with a Captor X. The Blues junior is less powerful than the Hotrod obviously, but my playing level on the Hotrod is the lowest possible, and the attenuator really helps me in pushing the amp a bit more to have the real tone of the amp (and it is amazing !) . So I have no doubt the Captor X will suit your amp.
As for the extension cable, indeed on these amps (hotrod and blues junior) the speaker cable is really short. It is possible to extend the speaker cable with an extension cable as long as the extension cable has the right size of wires inside. Afte quite some research, I think I will have to build my own cable to do so.

Hi @Dilan - Two notes , I recently boght the captor X and also have a Hotrod. When I run the clean tone of the amp up to 3, the speaker and the headphnes distorsion a little bit. Is that normal?

Back