Ceriatone Gargoyle?

This one is the only ceriatone hot rodded plexi that I have no interest in. A buddy of mine had Fortin Meshuggah and said he preferred the Gargoyle. I let him borrow the Molecular I had at the time to see it he wanted to buy it. He ended up saying the Gargoyle was very close and couldn't justify having both.

This one is the only ceriatone hot rodded plexi that I have no interest in. A buddy of mine had Fortin Meshuggah and said he preferred the Gargoyle. I let him borrow the Molecular I had at the time to see it he wanted to buy it. He ended up saying the Gargoyle was very close and couldn't justify having both.

Theorically Chupa, Yeti, Molecular and Gargoyle are all quite similar, different takes on the same circuit.

Couldn’t stand it. Sold it immediately. It just sounded…. Wrong . I don’t know, I just couldn’t get into it at all. No low end , weird dry top end, just not great at all. But, considering it was based off something mike fortin “designed”, I’m not surprised.

Couldn’t stand it. Sold it immediately. It just sounded…. Wrong . I don’t know, I just couldn’t get into it at all. No low end , weird dry top end, just not great at all. But, considering it was based off something mike fortin “designed”, I’m not surprised.
i watched some vids and said the same thing, sounds like a fortin and no thanks lol

It sounds "wrong" and "like a Fortin" because that's what it is—an incorrect clone of the Meshuggah.

I think it is safe to say Fortin is mostly done as far as most of rig-talk is concerned, though I would be interested in his modded marshalls. But I wonder how much has changed outside of us and other forums. LIke is the Evil Pumpkin done? I never really was interested in it, but i just wonder.

I think it is safe to say Fortin is mostly done as far as most of rig-talk is concerned, though I would be interested in his modded marshalls. But I wonder how much has changed outside of us and other forums. LIke is the Evil Pumpkin done? I never really was interested in it, but i just wonder.

The guy is a joke and a total clown. And his amps sound unreal horrible. The irony is, while the gargoyle may very well be a “wrong” fortin clone, fortins amps are “wrong” cloned of the amps circuits he swears he didn’t steal.

On other forums and social media, people think Ceriatone actually invented/designed all these amps. As far as Fortin goes, no idea. When the Gargoyle and Molecular came out, I think there were "influencer" types on YouTube claiming they worked hand-in-hand with Ceriatone to "develop" these "custom" designs. Which is complete and utter BS because all Ceriatone did was lift the schematics from the SLO Clone Forum.

Anyway... old news. There should just be a sticky with all this shit so it doesn't keep coming up every few months.

at one point here years ago he was held in the same regard as jesus and it never made sense to me, i never liked anything i heard of his.

On other forums and social media, people think Ceriatone actually invented/designed all these amps. As far as Fortin goes, no idea. When the Gargoyle and Molecular came out, I think there were "influencer" types on YouTube claiming they worked hand-in-hand with Ceriatone to "develop" these "custom" designs. Which is complete and utter BS because all Ceriatone did was lift the schematics from the SLO Clone Forum.

Anyway... old news. There should just be a sticky with all this shit so it doesn't keep coming up every few months.
How would anyone think ceriatone was creating anything. Almost all their amps are geared toward being a clone of something. The ones I was interested in were the 2203 and 2555 clones. I don't need a modded marshall. I just wanted one of their bases. Great price. I love that there is a company doing it. With new marshall 2203s going for over 3k, jesus.

How would anyone think ceriatone was creating anything. Almost all their amps are geared toward being a clone of something. The ones I was interested in were the 2203 and 2555 clones. I don't need a modded marshall. I just wanted one of their bases. Great price. I love that there is a company doing it. With new marshall 2203s going for over 3k, jesus.

I'm not talking about those kinds of amps (Marshall, Fender, Hiwatt clones, etc.). But there are people who think Ceriatone actually designed original circuits like the Leviathin, Chupa, Molecular, Gargoyle, Yeti, King Kong, AFD, etc.

How would anyone think ceriatone was creating anything. Almost all their amps are geared toward being a clone of something.
Morover, how successful would be an amp totally designed and tweaked according to Nik's specs and tonal preferences? Even if it was just another twisted JCM800 circuit, who would care? He's not the cool American guy who built amps for some random famous guitarist in the 70es and got famous for that, he's an humble, down to earth asian buddy who cares to reply to your emails at 3am on Sunday. Not enough metal for most of us.

Morover, how successful would be an amp totally designed and tweaked according to Nik's specs and tonal preferences? Even if it was just another twisted JCM800 circuit, who would care? He's not the cool American guy who built amps for some random famous guitarist in the 70es and got famous for that, he's an humble, down to earth asian buddy who cares to reply to your emails at 3am on Sunday. Not enough metal for most of us.
Sadly you quoted part of my post, and left out the part where i would love to have his base marshall amps. I almost ordered one. He was an incredibly nice guy and answered all my questions. I am pretty sure no one is talking shit about him. We all appreciate the fact that he gives versions of the amps we like at a very discounted price. Not exactly sure where you are getting the negativity from.

Sadly you quoted part of my post, and left out the part where i would love to have his base marshall amps. I almost ordered one. He was an incredibly nice guy and answered all my questions. I am pretty sure no one is talking shit about him. We all appreciate the fact that he gives versions of the amps we like at a very discounted price. Not exactly sure where you are getting the negativity from.

No negativity in my post, just an explained why he makes clones and not original projects (as if someone still did btw), that's Ceriatone market and there's no reason for anyone to be pissed about it. I've nothin but good things to say about Nik.

Back