charvel documentary, seen it?

I ran into it the other day ...... I watched just past all the Randy stuff .....

I never knew Randy was a huge part / reason of the company splitting into Charvel /Jackson

Excellent documentary.

I stumbled across it a few days ago, and meant to only watch for a few minutes........but watched the whole thing.

watched it , I'm a Charvel/Jackson die hard though so I knew I was going to watch the entire movie.
Pretty good stuff , I would've liked to have seen some more footage of the actual Works shops from back in the early days

I was quite surprised that it wasn't a Wayne Charvel heavy thing and they actually got to the Grover buy out quite quickly. BUT where the FUCK was Jake E Lee?? now I know his Whitey was a Fender but on the Bark tour he had 2 other guitar that were Charvels (a red holdsworth and a daphne blue single humbucker) and then had 2 more by the ultimate sin. To me that was the only "miss" in the doco

There were a more than a few artists and current builders who couldn't participate in the movie because of current contracts and the guitars they play now. I watched it and was hoping for more. There was a lot of filler with the guy who made the movie grinding out crappy music with his band. I was pretty disappointed.

I thought it was enjoyable, and of course it was, but I also was disappointed with how poorly it was done. Too many main characters missing, and too many people rehashing the same unimportant thing. (how many people do we need to hear recap Eddie & Holdsworth jamming at the warehouse or where the Jack Daniels bass idea came from?) It could've been an easy A, but somehow gets a C+ from me.

I liked the documentary, but how come they didn't interview Grover Jackson or Jake E. Lee? I didn't need to see the movie director jamming with Vinnie Appice and Rudy Sarzo or him walking out of the private jet in a local aircraft hangar.

Guitar George
Great example of stuff no one wanted to see here. That guy wanking blues riffs kept showing up uninvited, which would've been fine if it had anything to do with the story.

There were a more than a few artists and current builders who couldn't participate in the movie because of current contracts and the guitars they play now. I watched it and was hoping for more. There was a lot of filler with the guy who made the movie grinding out crappy music with his band. I was pretty disappointed.
Exactly what I thought when I watched it. I laughed when they were interviewing Mike Shannon outside on the side of some building and you knew they just put that Charvel banner up over the electric meters in the background. I assume it was, or intended to give the impression that it was, the original building in San Dimas?

This Kramer video was good too. Love early Kramers.

I see a lot of familiar names from the ol' Kramer Forum days on that RS! Many good times had in Nashville at the Kramer Konventions over the years.

And I've watched the Charvel Doc a couple of times.. Great stuff there!

Back