Charvel prepro!!

Mesa\Kramer

I like it

00p0p_ed5yknavJWV_600x450.jpg

A

Anonymous

John4021":12wfwx88 said:
"One Off" or are there a few out there with the strat headstock shape.
There are other Explorer bodies out there with strat headstocks.

Steve

A

Anonymous

cardinal":1tlfqnhc said:
The glossy neck seems odd for an old Charvel?
Not really - for serialized Charvels you wouldn't see that, but you'd definitely find Prepros with finished necks. Even painted necks...

Here is an early 5 Digit Serialized with a painted neck:

p2jepnriymqslyswfkcj.jpg

zmp6xeyqelnx0vxytwra.jpg

Steve

Dave L

Is that black logo a prepro thing? I thought all the american Charvels had the gold logo, but I´m not really up to speed on these.

A

Anonymous

Dave L":2yhbblm5 said:
Is that black logo a prepro thing? I thought all the american Charvels had the gold logo, but I´m not really up to speed on these.
No, most American Charvels with non-painted headstocks have black logos. That is a prepro logo though - smaller and it doesn't have the "Made in USA" under it or the "T. M." next to it...

Steve

Chubtone

This looks legit. If this was several years ago, I would have already been to see it and bought it. Boogie Bodies logo on neck heel makes it seem real legit for '78 - '79. Also his story about ordering from Wayne in '78 and having to pick it up from Grover sounds legit with the timeline of Wayne leaving the company.

As for a vintage style trem on an Explorer body, what other trem options were there in '78-79? This was probably radical as hell having an Explorer with a trem at this time.

I think it's pretty cool :rock:

I would much rather have a Hamer Standard that looks like this from this era though.