Charvel Score

I vote for the rings. I owned a Charvel that had a single humbucker without a ring. I ordered a ring and found out I could snap it on to secure it without having to screw it in. Don't want the ring look -- snap em off.

I had to do surgery to the gaping hole where the bottom strap button was. I swapped out to a black NFT Floyd but it looks hideous with the chrome posted. I will have black ones I. Tomorrow. I’m thinking of maybe going all black pickups , knobs and switch

This is a cool guitar, no doubt.

But I am confused as shit about what it is supposed to be. Is this a 'reissue' pre-pro neck?

If it is, it misses the mark on all the things I look for in a classic Charvel neck.

To OP, if this is your bag, then I wish you all the best on this axe. It looks great. And I've had dummies on the innernetz tell me that my shit wasn't the shit.

This is a cool guitar, no doubt.

But I am confused as shit about what it is supposed to be. Is this a 'reissue' pre-pro neck?

If it is, it misses the mark on all the things I look for in a classic Charvel neck.

To OP, if this is your bag, then I wish you all the best on this axe. It looks great. And I've had dummies on the innernetz tell me that my shit wasn't the shit.
The serial number just shows it a just a custom order paired with a robbin egg blue body. It was not part of a series. so what is it missing the mark on outside of some locking tuners? The profile and radius are there. It’s 21 frets and not Floyd. So, outside of the tuners, does it miss the mark on for a classic Charvel neck?

6496 is a serial for a pointy built in April 2005, at least according to the tracking table below.

http://weber.de1.cc/charvel/index.html
That number may or may not be the serial number, perhaps work order, I don’t know. There is residue on the heel where the work order sticker was peeled off.

I can say the my 2007 zebra painted by Dan Lawrence shows as a natural mahogany on that 3rd part website. Much of the information on that site Is from visually trying to decipher serial number from auction and sometimes the number are not clear. Either way, I have zero doubts based in the FMIC sticker on the back being the correct size and font, residue from a work order sticker, and the same truss rod end as used in the Legacy’s, that this is a USA neck. I’m either even at $300 for the package deal is a no brainer

The serial number just shows it a just a custom order paired with a robbin egg blue body. It was not part of a series. so what is it missing the mark on outside of some locking tuners? The profile and radius are there. It’s 21 frets and not Floyd. So, outside of the tuners, does it miss the mark on for a classic Charvel neck?

My prepro had a squared off fretboard. Headstock shape was different. 22 frets. No plug at the head. Again, I ain't gonna bag on what is a cool axe.

My prepro had a squared off fretboard. Headstock shape was different. 22 frets. No plug at the head. Again, I ain't gonna bag on what is a cool axe.
I would think your spec would be the exception. Most that I’ve seen were 21 fret and heel adjust

I would think your spec would be the exception. Most that I’ve seen were 21 fret and heel adjust
21 frets was common for the DiMarzio (branded) Charvel replacement necks for Fender.

The parts they sold on this coast were 22 frets with a shelf. Venemen music and Washington Music.

Heel adjust of course, but no plug on the the headstock.

I'm just shooting from experience with shit I've had my hands on. With guitars I've known since the early 80s. I'm sure the real world is different.

Back