Cheap Solid State Ultra High Gain Suggestions? (pantera / white zombie tones)

A used Randall RG1003H is probably best option. I know guys that love if for that pantera FBD solid state
Ya, these aren't a bad choice.

Personally, i'd suggest a Randall rg100es boosted with a MXR 6 band but those amps are getting pretty expensive. It's best to find a rg80es as they're basically the same amp (a little less wattage, but that's no big deal cause they're really loud) but they cost much less. Or find a rg80-112sc I think it's called?? it's the combo version, which is even cheaper.

Just FYI, Irvine randalls aren't that gainy by themselves.

Boosting them with a parametric eq + a graphic eq with 18db of boost is what gives it that chainsaw on steroids tone.

Lucky enough to own an RG100HT, RG200ES & Warhead X2. The X2 needs less outboard gear to get that sound. The Titan is basically a Warhead X2 without dime's signature. If you see one for sale I recommend checking it out, an eq in front is all you need.

These are all niche market amps now, RG100ES will be your best bet in terms of price and reliability. The Egnator designed SS Randalls were assembled in Korea and are notorious for having issues.

Last edited:
Just FYI, Irvine randalls aren't that gainy by themselves.

Boosting them with a parametric eq + a graphic eq with 18db of boost is what gives it that chainsaw on steroids tone.

Lucky enough to own an RG100HT, RG200ES & Warhead X2. The X2 needs less outboard gear to get that sound. The Titan is basically a Warhead X2 without dime's signature. If you see one for sale I recommend checking it out, an eq in front is all you need.

These are all niche market amps now, RG100ES will be your best bet in terms of price and reliability. The Egnator designed SS Randalls were assembled in Korea and are notorious for having issues.
Please see my question above ur post please and let me know if any opinion

The Titan is basically a Warhead X2 without dime's signature.

No,it's not. Been thru a lot of the later Randall heads,including the V2,T2,Cyclone and Titan.
I still have three full X2 stacks. They were the only ones that stayed.
The Titan doesn't sound anything like the X2.

As to the OP, I just scored an RG100 classic (some kind of re-issue) off this forum for around $400 shipped a few months ago.
Such a great deal from a member I trusted...couldn't pass it up even tho I didn't need another amp.
Bloodrock and I were laughing like kids the whole time were were testing it out. Sounds fantastic straight in. Even better boosted.

FWIW, please avoid the new RG solid state amps. They sound like muddy garbage.
They're a little flubby in the low end, but it's nothing a boost can't fix. I had one, a RG3003H head, the 300 watt version. It was close to the older RG's but more compressed and modern sounding, which is to be expected. Loud as hell too.

FWIW, please avoid the new RG solid state amps. They sound like muddy garbage.

By themselves, yes. But add any boost on the market that cuts bass, and they're incredible.

Mine sounds like shit unboosted, but boost your guitar with a pedal that also cuts bass and it's a monster.

No,it's not. Been thru a lot of the later Randall heads,including the V2,T2,Cyclone and Titan.
I still have three full X2 stacks. They were the only ones that stayed.
The Titan doesn't sound anything like the X2.

As to the OP, I just scored an RG100 classic (some kind of re-issue) off this forum for around $400 shipped a few months ago.
Such a great deal from a member I trusted...couldn't pass it up even tho I didn't need another amp.
Bloodrock and I were laughing like kids the whole time were were testing it out. Sounds fantastic straight in. Even better boosted.
when it comes to amps, guitars and liquor-I will always listen to Martin......he truly is a man of refined tastes...

Sounds like you had your fun and now its time to pass it along to a newer RT member.....

*kicks at gravel*

jk :)

Sounds like you had your fun and now its time to pass it along to a newer RT member.....

*kicks at gravel*

I've got Martin's RG100 classic at the moment, and he's gonna have to twist my nuts to get it back. It's a mix of the old RG's with the higher gain of the Centuries. Badass Randall for sure. Can't really find any info on it so it seems pretty rare. One of the last USA Randalls

*kicks at gravel*

Everything is already spoken for and in a long addendum of my will.
I'm not kidding one bit. Bloodrock knows what he gets.
The only reason he hasn't had me knocked off is that everything he gets is already at his house.
And he knows I have incriminating evidence of his secret online persona on another forum.
Isn't that right, Giggle-Snarf?
(don't ask how I found out,it's embarrassing)

Best solid state tone I have ever had I just discovered a while ago. I run my guitar and pedals into front of my friedman mini be then use the fx send of the mini into front of my randall v2 on the clean channel. It sounds ridiculous with a boost and you have the randalls built in 6 band eq. I have'nt touched my evh stealth, randall thrasher, or spalwn in a while.

Best solid state tone I have ever had I just discovered a while ago. I run my guitar and pedals into front of my friedman mini be then use the fx send of the mini into front of my randall v2 on the clean channel. It sounds ridiculous with a boost and you have the randalls built in 6 band eq. I have'nt touched my evh stealth, randall thrasher, or spalwn in a while.
please share some clips man

The BE Deluxe od is one of the best solid state drive pedaks out there so no surprise the Be Mini is killing it.

That said its not the pantera / zombie tone.

Still need to find an excuse to get a randall amp or preamp.

Back