Chorus pedals?

strungup

OK I have never really used many effects. Just usially some delay in the loop, maybe a OD for a boost and a Wah at times. I wanted to get a chorus pedal for the clean channel of my 5150. I am not looking for extreme chorus as an effect just to warm the channel a little and not color tone when off. Any suggestions? :?
Thanks [-o<

Hey first post! I'm no chorus expert but I recently bought an EH small clone and it does what you want. I too only use subtle chorus and this one is warm and doesnt change the tone of your setup. It'll get extreme if you want but I'm not in to that either. I'm happy wth it.

lowrider":11dd0 said:
Hey first post! I'm no chorus expert but I recently bought an EH small clone and it does what you want. I too only use subtle chorus and this one is warm and doesnt change the tone of your setup. It'll get extreme if you want but I'm not in to that either. I'm happy wth it.

yup...I dig my small clone. Especially for that light touch of lush chorus.

Mine isnt noisy at all. I'm 98% sure it is true bypass. It does have a switch also. :D

Hey indytruckboy, I live about a 1/2 hour from Reading. Collegeville that is.

indytruckboy":7aa98 said:
Is the EH noisey like its siblings? Is it true bypass? And I have a hard time buying a pedal with one knob.

I get a good "pop" the first time the pedal is switched after it has been powered up...so, I power up my board and make a point of kicking it on then back off each time. IIRC, the pedals have been TB for the past couple of years and if you search over at HCEFx, you could confirm when that started and how to identify the TB models.

Hey, you get a switch along with that knob :)

...and I am about 1.5 hours east of Reading in Doylestown.

I try to stay away from HC boards at all cost. I came here because GuitarGeek died.

I had a EH pedal that used to pop as well. But it did it everytime. Not good. Maybe a hit or miss thing.

TRY THE ANALOG MAN CHORUS. ANY ONE HE MAKES OR THE HOME BREW ELECTRONICS THC CHORUS PEDALS. THEY ARE BOTH ANALOG AND TRUE BYPASS. THE BEST MONEY CAN BUY.

I really like the Ibanez Bimode chorus. I have the ibanez BCL and its great, cheap too. Chorus has been the hardest pedal for me to find what I was looking for.

I love my Boss CE-2 I got from G.C. for $10. Stupid fucks. Its best chorus pedal I've had, and I ALWAYS need a chorus pedal.

Everlone":99887 said:
I love my Boss CE-2 I got from G.C. for $10. Stupid fucks. Its best chorus pedal I've had, and I ALWAYS need a chorus pedal.
That was a sweet deal!

How about the Digitech multi-chorus? Anyone try?

I tried every chorus pedal I could find and ended up bying an mxr phaser
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I couldn't find a single chorus I liked :(

I have 2 chorus pedals on my board, the Boss CE-3 and an Arion stereo chorus. They both have good sounds in them, so I keep them both on there. I tend to use the Boss for clean stuff and the Arion is set faster.

orangekick":dc8bc said:
I have 2 chorus pedals on my board, the Boss CE-3 and an Arion stereo chorus. They both have good sounds in them, so I keep them both on there. I tend to use the Boss for clean stuff and the Arion is set faster.

Actually I didn't mind the boss chorus set really mild, but I tried a ibanez chorus that I liked better set mild. I guess I am just not a chorus guy though. I though it would warm up the clean channel which it did but I just lean more towards a reverb for that. You don't know until you try though right :D

Thanks everyone for all the help.

MitchSchaft":965e7 said:

I have a CH1 and an Ibanez SC 10. The CH1 works well for subtle stuff, and the SC 10 is more like the EH chorus, but more controllable. If you want to add a subtle chorus to your cleans, go for the CH1, but if you want the watery-Nivana sound, the SC 10 will get you there without obviously jumping on the EH/Cobain bandwagon.

c

Back