Chris Poland

This is Chris Polands new USA Custom guitar with Chris's 42mm (MEGA) sustain block expertly crafted by Chris Cannella Dean Guitars that'll be @ 2024 Namm.
CP said this is without a doubt the best he's ever played.. Chris Cannella and his team @ Dean Guitars killed it ! Great job Fellas !!
tempImagetio5yr.jpg

tempImageJd5xs6.jpg
tempImageKR0x9M.jpg
tempImageE2AWUd.jpg
tempImageHUIp6k.jpg
tempImagemMt4jO.jpg
tempImageHoFcKx.jpg
tempImagefZhIos.jpg
tempImagegDANoY.jpg

This interview was 1 year after my first 2014 Winter Namm show with Floyd Rose, They were celebrating 35 years in business is how I met Chris and so after giving him a 37mm block the next day he called to tell me he needed 3 more. Chris Talks about how we met in this video @ 6:30 • 9:05 Chris talks about Egnater amps and all sorts of gear and history. If you're a Chris Poland fan this is a great interview. Check it out !

Hi- I’ve currently got the 34mm stone tone block on my Dean USA razorback. It barely fits in there without losing any travel on my bar which is good! I have a Dean USA stealth that is approximately the same size and I want to get another stone tone for that. I was looking at the loomis 32mm block but am concerned it is going to limit the travel on the trem. I know it has the bevel, but if it’s going to not travel as far as the standard 34mm I’d rather just get another standard. None of the dealers I’ve asked seem to be able to answer the question - is the bevel on the extra thick loomis block enough to even it out to the standard stone tone 34?

Hi- I’ve currently got the 34mm stone tone block on my Dean USA razorback. It barely fits in there without losing any travel on my bar which is good! I have a Dean USA stealth that is approximately the same size and I want to get another stone tone for that. I was looking at the loomis 32mm block but am concerned it is going to limit the travel on the trem. I know it has the bevel, but if it’s going to not travel as far as the standard 34mm I’d rather just get another standard. None of the dealers I’ve asked seem to be able to answer the question - is the bevel on the extra thick loomis block enough to even it out to the standard stone tone 34?
PhotoRoom_20240108_193623.JPG

Hi- Here is a stock FR Fat brass compared to a Jeff Loomis Sig block, notice how the bevel starts before the thickness of the brass, so you shouldn't have any issues fitting the Loomis block on your Dean even though it's tight. Hope this helps.

View attachment 278411

Hi- Here is a stock FR Fat brass compared to a Jeff Loomis Sig block, notice how the bevel starts before the thickness of the brass, so you shouldn't have any issues fitting the Loomis block on your Dean even though it's tight. Hope this helps.
For future reference the loomis block isn’t even close to fitting into a USA Dean stealth. I had to take the posts out just to get it in and then once I got it in it couldn’t move. Certainly not routing the body of my guitar. $100 down the tubes

For future reference the loomis block isn’t even close to fitting into a USA Dean stealth. I had to take the posts out just to get it in and then once I got it in it couldn’t move. Certainly not routing the body of my guitar. $100 down the tubes
That sucks to hear, The only Dean guitars I've had the loomis block in was the ML and Razorback and those cavities were tight and those blocks were 32mm, 1 guy was Jeff Young, one of the Megadeth guitarists who I will see soon so I'll ask if there were any installation issues when I'm @ Namm. No one told me routing was necessary otherwise i'd a mentioned it to you but the stock ST blocks fits, call FR and ask for James or Andy and pehaps they will exchange for a regular size block, typically 28 mm are standard for Deans yet 32 fit the 2 models I mentioned as well. Those JL blocks sell good so if you are infact stuck with it you should have no problom selling it.

That sucks to hear, The only Dean guitars I've had the loomis block in was the ML and Razorback and those cavities were tight and those blocks were 32mm, 1 guy was Jeff Young, one of the Megadeth guitarists who I will see soon so I'll ask if there were any installation issues when I'm @ Namm. No one told me routing was necessary otherwise i'd a mentioned it to you but the stock ST blocks fits, call FR and ask for James or Andy and pehaps they will exchange for a regular size block, typically 28 mm are standard for Deans yet 32 fit the 2 models I mentioned as well. Those JL blocks sell good so if you are infact stuck with it you should have no problom selling it.
I know the standard 34 fits I’ve got it in my razorback and the stealth body is the same route. I bought this off ax labs via reverb messaged but no response

I know the standard 34 fits I’ve got it in my razorback and the stealth body is the same route. I bought this off ax labs via reverb messaged but no response
Andy Papiccio is the President of Floyd Rose & AP International which axx labs is under and many others so he will respond yet it's Namm time and there's alot going on so here is his direct email which he will respond. andy@apintl.com, in the subject put (Stone tone JL block - Robert)

tempImage0cWsWk.jpg
This was the aftermath of Chris Dave and Jeff crankin out old school Megadeth tunes @ the 2024 Heavy Metal Hall of Fame Induction of Sebastian Bach, Eddie Trunk & others @ the Anahiem Delta Marriot conference Hall.

Back