Cornford RK100 and NOS tubes

clark81

Hi guys, I recently bought a Cornford Rk100 and couldn't be happier...
I changed the JJ preamp tubes with 4 TUNGSRAM NOS 12AX7 and the amp came to life!!!
Dynamics, tone, tight bass, silky treble, killing mids...

I am thinking of putting some NOS RFT EL34 instead of the JJ's that I have now (which sound great in the output section by the way)

Anyone has any experience?
Do you know if the tubes will handle the plate voltage on my RK100? (which i dont know how much it is...)

Thanks in advance

clark81":1dvkqa1d said:
I changed the JJ preamp tubes with 4 TUNGSRAM NOS 12AX7 and the amp came to life!!!

I am thinking of putting some NOS RFT EL34 instead of the JJ's that I have now (which sound great in the output section by the way)

Do you know if the tubes will handle the plate voltage on my RK100? (which i dont know how much it is...)

Thanks in advance

I can not answer your question but I have found that Audio Asylum has some VERY knowledgable people over there in regards to tubes.

I would definitely post over there. I really could not beleive some of the info I have learned over there.

clark81":3ucqwj64 said:

Thanks in advance
The RK100 plate voltage is around 460/480, so you are good to go! :thumbsup:

clark81":2v4547ft said:
Super!!!! Thanks a lot TrueTone!!!
I ll post some clips after installing!!!
SED =C= 6L6's sound exceptional also. I'm not a 6L6 fan, but I'm loving them in my RK100.

clark81":2q11dko0 said:

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a good source for NOS RFT EL34s? Hate to go to ebay, but looking for the best deal.

yngwiestrat":2hah86p5 said:
clark81":2hah86p5 said:

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have a good source for NOS RFT EL34s? Hate to go to ebay, but looking for the best deal.

I would like a good source as well.

I'm more in the 12ax7 camp right now and I have a KT88/6l6 amp so i wouldn't need EL34's

I have seen all of the online vendors and no offense but I would not pay the kind of money they are asking, especially for certain NOS tubes.

I watch ebay all the time (so my far the best source I have seen if you get lucky) and try to hit pawn shops, flea markets and auctions when I can but would love a good source for great deals on tubes.

Hey I am a cheap bastard what can I say. :LOL: :LOL:

Back