Crap! Another Mesa. Non Metal edition. Now vid works.

HNAD!!

It’s got a boosted fender vibe going on that’s pretty badass. Your playing is fine man - sounds good!! What did you grab it for?

HNAD!!

It’s got a boosted fender vibe going on that’s pretty badass. Your playing is fine man - sounds good!! What did you grab it for?
Thanks!
I was really surprised at the price. It was listed at $1299, which honestly I thought was very reasonable any time, let alone now. Mesa picking’s on the GC used site have been so slim I was shocked when I saw it. Wasn’t seeing heads very often before Covid. I’ve wanted one for a long time and in person it definitely nails an aggressive Vox/Fender hybrid. I like the Special the best in the Lonestar family because it can get sounds like the amp is falling apart that the regular Lonestars can’t. GC even packed it fairly well. We all know what that wait is like, waiting on an amp from GC and wondering if they used more than one layer of bubble wrap this time and not two turntable boxes taped together..lol

I can’t give a direct comparison to a Classic but the cleans are fantastic. They can be fat and jazzy, thin and jangly and everything in between. The amp gets dirty fast (which I like) and I would say excels at “dirty” clean but in 30 or 35 watt mode I bet you could have decent clean cleans, fairly loud, especially with a lower output guitar. From faint memory of a classic I would say the impact of the EL84’s is very noticeable on what it does to the mids and top end. More Vox like. Have an ext. cab with two alnico’s in it (one a blue) and can’t wait to hear it through that.

Sounds great . The cleans are really awesome on those amps as you say . I liked electrodyne from Mesa too . Crunchy cleans

Saw Keith Urban in a club playing a Lone Star head with 2 - 2x12 cabs in 2007 and went out the next day and purchased one. Great clean head.

Been thinking a lot about mesas recently…never owned one. Seems like all the cool kids have one 😀

HNAD

Back