Current Marshall modders that are original, unique, or just great all around?

Ya know what? Let’s just reset. I’m going to apologize for my behalf. Perhaps you and I just had circumstances that didn’t mesh at the time.
I’m going to delete my negative comments and start anew. I DO have hearing issues from prior service as well. Ive heard nothing but great things about you, so maybe it is/was me. Whatever the case is, I’m in for brushing it all off and talking tone.
I have deleted my remarks as I should never step out of character and especially remark about someone with a hearing disability.

I do wish my best and my highest regards to all.

The amp in the photo is a 4 stage 1987X with a lot of point to point on the sockets to avoid a coplanar capacitance issue in the layout (Removing unwanted mids). (Ken Fischer, not Cameron). This is common of me.

David ♫

Attachments

• IMG_8383.PNG
    IMG_8383.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Here is a little history lesson on that photo of the cameron amp with the red paint. That photo was taken by Andy Fuchs while it was on his bench for an attempt at installing a tube loop, he shortly after posted that on the amp garage forum Little did we know about the afterbirth disaster inside. Myself and my buddy who owned the amp at that time went to Andy to do the work after my buddy waited I believe like 2 years for the mod from Mark. Andy wouldn't touch it and just threw in a passive insert loop and suggested to buy an external loop like a Dumbleator type unit.

So yes that is a c@meron and now you know the story on that amp. Also it was rescued by Kurt and Josh I believe from Mark, apparently it was done and just sitting there....

Ps - the amp sounded pretty good , but it was a 50 watter , never my fav, 100 watts or go home for me...
Nick! What’s up, buddy? Hope all is well, on your end!

It must have been Kurt that retrieved that one.

As I recall, I got your unfinished Marshall back, in a couple of pieces, after several years.

There were a few situations like that, over the years

Sad deal, all around.

Nick! What’s up, buddy? Hope all is well, on your end!

It must have been Kurt that retrieved that one.

As I recall, I got your unfinished Marshall back, in a couple of pieces, after several years.

There were a few situations like that, over the years

Sad deal, all around.
Well done getting amps back for him! Nice bro!

Ya know what? Let’s just reset. I’m going to apologize for my behalf. Perhaps you and I just had circumstances that didn’t mesh at the time.
I’m going to delete my negative comments and start anew. I DO have hearing issues from prior service as well. Ive heard nothing but great things about you, so maybe it is/was me. Whatever the case is, I’m in for brushing it all off and talking tone.
I respect that you are recanting your original posts knowing you have hearing damage and cannot make a solid judgment others should hear because of it. I know I have some damage. I am sure quite a few of us do. It wouldn't be fair to anyone for one with serious damage to make a public judgement that could sway a modders business,. And Thank you for your service

godwin's law=cameron's law
the longer any amp mod thread goes the propensity for it winding up as a cameron dumpster fire.

also van malmsteen taking a dump on his front porch then rolling around in it.
GOOD THING YOU RECANTED ......toy
ho hum,,,,,,,,,

Luca 79 just posted an RT / Audette mod video that illustrates why I find myself reaching for my wallet every time I hear one of Michael’s modded videos. They remind me of the Abrahamian / Rockstah / Mod 5 clips with just something ‘extra’ going on there. And I own Mark’s documented #2 ’ground-up’ Mod-5 build utilizing a Metro chassis and components. Michael’s mods and builds just do it for my ears.

100% agree, I ended up pulling the trigger and sent my 88' reissue to Michael. I couldn't be any happier with the result.

Splawn used to mod Marshall’s. I have one of his mods. It’s a 1987X with KT88’s and I love it! Has Hi/Lo and OD1/OD2 switching. Sort of a pre-Competition I suppose.

Back