Dan Travis, RT Amp Salesman of the Year?

If I had the cash, I would just based off the @DanTravis62 clips. Everything sounded awesome.
After Dan's demos, I went and listened to the other amp demos by Jimmy Burkard too. I was originally going for a 50W single channel, but I'd probably regret not going 100W and two channel, so changed my order.

Thanks @Rottweiler and @rsm

I cannot stress enough that the modern/vintage is a killer amp and has a very unique modus operandi compared to most of the sort of boutique marshalls - it is very much a precision weapon that cops plexi and 2203 and beyond tones, and gives a shitload of versatility while retaining the dna that makes marshalls marshalls

it certainly made my job easier recording the clips - simply turn up and play the guitar

it's not a "modern" high gain amp in the sense that it doesn't have 5150 gain without a boost, and I think because the circuit is so stripped down and pure, and the tonal options offered are so strategic, it really nails the tones it's going for
 
Thinking about a 50 watter. Maybe a wacky tolex color with these cosmetics and knobs. Wonder if they made one with 6550's.


1791480502830.jpeg
 
I plan on purchasing the 2 channel modern/vintage 50 watter next spring, drive channels on both as I plan to run it like an old Marshall rolling volume for cleaner stuff. I have my Mark VII rig for true cleans on channel 1.
 
Back
Top