Dave: 5153 Question - touch feel

keano

Hi Dave.

I have a 5153 you biased. When I played it at your shop the feel, seemed less compressed more fluid to the touch when at home it seems more stiffer. Could the speakers have anything to do with this? I play with V30's. No right. When I go to Guitar Center and play there's it more fluid also. Not stiff like mine.

keano":1spzkyiq said:
Hi Dave.

I have a 5153 you biased. When I played it at your shop the feel, seemed less compressed more fluid to the touch when at home it seems more stiffer. Could the speakers have anything to do with this? I play with V30's. No right. When I go to Guitar Center and play there's it more fluid also. Not stiff like mine.

Man, the speakers are HALF of your sound. Those V30s will NOT due with that amp. Get yourself the EVH speakers are some Scumbacks. Seriously! Greenback type speakers are the way to go for that amp. I owned one of them, and it sounded best with Greenbacks. You have to remember that Eddie had that amp designed to work with Greenbacks!

Am I right Dave? That the speakers are half the sound?

keano":1daeqicy said:
No I understand the sound I am talking feel though. Stiffness.

Yeah, V30s can = stiffness... depending on the amp. And Greenbacks = warms, smoothness depending on the amp. Your speakers literally half your sound. It effects everything!

I agree that the speakers could be causing this. When I play my recto that Dave worked on through my Carvin cab it feels much looser and more fluid than when I play it through my recto212 with V30s.

At Dave's shop, were you using different speaker and instrument cables? Believe it or not, that can cause a big difference in feel also.

rgorke":3n9hh811 said:
keano":3n9hh811 said:
At Daves shop I used the scumbscks. M75

The M75s are vintage inspired Greenbacks as Motrock said. Those are drastically diiferent in tone AND feel.

Yep... and I have the same M75-HPs that Dave has, and almost the same cab. The difference between M75s and V30s in this situation is HUGE! V30s were always stiff to me anyway. Especially after I experienced the M75s! There is no comparing. :rock:

Back