David Lee Roth is Retiring After His Last 5 Upcoming Shows in Las Vegas

He scheduled those shows when Covid was going on. I think Covid will be with us forever. It's an endemic now. So why would anyone think he'll reschedule them? He's not getting younger or healthier. Covid ain't going away. I just had Covid recently. I knew it'd be gone in a week or two and life would be back to normal. Something else is going on here with DLR.

Just like Ozzy…..KISS…..and Crue. He’s not retiring, just selling more tickets
Always very possible, apparently it’s a business tactic to say you are retiring and then take a vacation and then come our of “retirement” but we will see. Seems to me, when it comes to signing DLR retired a long time ago, now he is just doing a vaudeville type shtick with some DLR Van Halen tunes in their for good measure.

Always very possible, apparently it’s a business tactic to say you are retiring and then take a vacation and then come our of “retirement” but we will see. Seems to me, when it comes to signing DLR retired a long time ago, now he is just doing a vaudeville type shtick with some DLR Van Halen tunes in their for good measure.
DLR screwed his fans who made plans and who spent money on planes and hotels which in many cases was not refundable. Dave waited right until the last minute to let his fans know that he lost his voice along with his balls. It is a freaking flu Dave and I am sorry you turned out to be a pussy and ended your career by going out in a whimper.

DLR screwed his fans who made plans and who spent money on planes and hotels which in many cases was not refundable. Dave waited right until the last minute to let his fans know that he lost his voice along with his balls. It is a freaking flu Dave and I am sorry you turned out to be a pussy and ended your career by going out in a whimper.
As much as defend him on FB I have to agree with you 100%. Unless it was some other factor out of Dave's control I'm afraid you are spot on.

(anyone here in the Van Halen 1974 - Forever FB Group?)

As much as defend him on FB I have to agree with you 100%. Unless it was some other factor out of Dave's control I'm afraid you are spot on.

(anyone here in the Van Halen 1974 - Forever FB Group?)
I am a huge DLR fan and always defend him as well, but this is wussy stuff. To make matters worse he recently added four more shows after the first five. I had tickets for Friday 1/7. If he is really scared of OmniwhaterevertheF***youcallit then that is embarrasing. The guy climbed mountains and went on trips in rain jungles. Now he hides in Joe Biden's basement. His last minute cancellations screwed over thousands of his fans and cost many of them a lot of money they can't get back. He should have played his nine shows like a stand up guy and then gone off to crawl inside the bunker with Biden.

the fuck is a rain jungle?
I meant to say rainforest and jungle. Dave used to go on crazy adventures in places that could kill him. I think he did get sick a few times from what I can recall from his autobiography Crazy From The Heat. He had a lot of guts when he was younger.

TBH, my first thought was of Al Estrada. I would think Dave is taking care of him regarding those cancelled shows but...if any of you guys could use a lesson or two then hit him up. I've taken one and once I get my schedule figgered out Imma do another.

Dave has alluded to his own health problems in recent interviews but is never forthcoming.

I wonder how much of that plays into it. Plus, he's old.

Here's a post from someone on another forum where Dave hinted at his declining health issues too.

"I hope not but the few breadcrumbs he's left for us might lead someone to that or a similar conclusion.

Paraphrasing here, he said he thought he'd go before Ed, made the 'objects in rearview mirror closer than they appear' comment when talking about Eds death. Said his doctors and handlers warned against performing.. why? Seems Dave made several recent comments that to me sound like an imminent closing window of opportunity."

Here's a post from someone on another forum where Dave hinted at his declining health issues too.

"I hope not but the few breadcrumbs he's left for us might lead someone to that or a similar conclusion.

Paraphrasing here, he said he thought he'd go before Ed, made the 'objects in rearview mirror closer than they appear' comment when talking about Eds death. Said his doctors and handlers warned against performing.. why? Seems Dave made several recent comments that to me sound like an imminent closing window of opportunity."
That was from Dave's retirement announcement the day before tickets officially went on sale for the first five shows. I bought tickets that same night on pre-sale.

da F*ck does POTUS have to do w/a DLR concert lol ?
Wanna blame Joe for all cancers & dead babies & puppies too ?
Don't for get the Holocaust.
Nobody was holding a gun to yer head to buy tickets.
You know how many concerto's been cancelled last 2 years ? A shit ton.

"Dave waited right until the last minute to let his fans know that he lost his voice" ? That happened 25 years ago brother.

Listening to Hair Nation on Sirius the other night and they mentioned this as well. Dave has made some rather dark and ominous comments about his overall health and longevity. Wonder if we're seeing the last days of DLR?

Back