David Lee Roth is Retiring After His Last 5 Upcoming Shows in Las Vegas

I really wish there could have been a true VH reunion before Ed passed. I always get frustrated when original members are all still alive and perform separately and could do st least one last send off, even if it is a single show.

I'm glad Dave left the EMT gig to do music again. It was great seeing him around 2012 or whenever the show was that I saw but wish there would have been more random Dave moments in there. Seemed like a lot of his stage banter was scripted and the same from show to show. There was some random moments though and loved seeing those.

Anyone have a lead on tickets for the 1/8 show? I was at my son‘s soccer game this afternoon and went to buy tickets when I got home. Guess I was too late because it said sold out. My wife is a HUGE DLR fan and we were planning on flying in from Philly to celebrate our 50th birthdays with Diamond Dave (mine is 11/11 and hers 12/27). If anyone knows someone with extra tickets for sale please please please let me know.

Anyone have a lead on tickets for the 1/8 show? I was at my son‘s soccer game this afternoon and went to buy tickets when I got home. Guess I was too late because it said sold out. My wife is a HUGE DLR fan and we were planning on flying in from Philly to celebrate our 50th birthdays with Diamond Dave (mine is 11/11 and hers 12/27). If anyone knows someone with extra tickets for sale please please please let me know.
I wish you luck for sure. Thankfully I bought tickets last night. Ticketmaster has a disclaimer that prices are subject to change due to demand. When tickets officially went on sale this morning they were asking as high as $1579 for a ticket in the balcony for the 1/8 show. The Balcony tickets were going for $121-$129 yesterday. I got a two ticket package at a table near the stage for $450 yesterday on a pre-sale. This is for the Friday 1/7 show which is now sold out also.

Last edited:
I wish you luck for sure. Thankfully I bought tickets last night. Ticketmaster has a disclaimer that prices are subject to change due to demand. When tickets officially went on sale this morning they were asking as high as $1579 for a ticket in the balcony for the 1/8 show. The Balcony tickets were going for $121-$129 yesterday. I got a two ticket package at a table near the stage for $450 yesterday on a pre-sale. This is for the Friday 1/7 show which is now sold out also.
I noticed that too. I guess after Dave announced his retirement they jacked the prices up. But it didn’t deter people from buying as most dates are now sold out. I really wish I jumped on the presale.

Someone on Ebay is selling two tickets for the Saturday 1/8 show for $1200 OBO....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284474089319?hash=item423bfa1f67:g:CFMAAOSwC7JhWPky

I noticed that too. I guess after Dave announced his retirement they jacked the prices up. But it didn’t deter people from buying as most dates are now sold out. I really wish I jumped on the presale.
When tickets officially went on sale this morning the standing room only right in front of the stage general admission tickets for all the shows became available and they were only $63 each. I wanted to get good tickets for the last show on 1/8 but the floor seats were already gone when I started looking yesterday. I did not want to take any chances by waiting until tickets officially went on sale this morning so I ended up getting two great seats in front of the satge last night for the Friday 1/7 show for a total of $450. I was little bummed this morning to find that had I waited I could have had a couple tickets right in front of the stage for $63 each for the final show, but I am still glad I played it safe and got good seats for the second to last show on 1/7. I had no idea what would still be available by the time tickets officially went on sale this morning.

Reactions: Geo
Just out of curiosity I checked out Ticketmaster's website to see if all the DLR shows had sold out yet. There are still a handful of tickets left for the 12/31 and 1/1 shows and the balcony seats that were originally selling for $129 are going for as much as $1654. As I siad in a previous post that Ticketmaster has a disclaimer that prices are subjest to change due to demand. I guess it has been awhile since I have purchased tickets for a "big deal" show, but I never knew they could raise the prices more than the original face value of the tickets. Isn't that ticket scalping, which as far as I know is still illegal? I am glad for Dave that he is crushing it with sells, but how is what Ticketmaster is doing legal?

Yes I will! also there's no 2nd guitar player or keyboard player for these shows, old school VH style!

:worship::worship::worship:

I would come to see you play. I got to see Dave on the last 2 tours with Ed and I'm satisfied with those and older memories. I love DLR and he is the BEST frontman in rock IMO but I really wish he would have waited a few weeks until after Edwards Oct 6th date to talk about himself but oh well. Dave is Dave.

Have fun Al!

The end of an incredible era... what a gift all of his music has been...
8a623ed4bc839c2d0e2545a282bf969e.jpg

1982-merch-poster.jpg

Saw VH on the Diver Down Tour summer 82'.
w/o a doubt the LOUDEST show on earth ive ever seen and thats even after losing hearing for 2 days from a Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell show.
Dave went out of his way to make us in the shitty stage left seats to feel important.
He went out of his way and no other band ever really did in 40 years.

Last edited:
Last time saw kiss. Gene and Paul and Tommy always wandered over to the side stage were sitting in. Great view the show though but that was cool though

The only thing he has ever been guilty of, is talking too much about himself :p But that is what made him so awesome and the persona he was. DLR is a legend and has lived a legend's life. Fantastic that he can end his career on his own terms and say goodbye the way he wants to. If he is sick, I hope he doesn't suffer much and will always remember him with that crasy smile and those assless chaps lol. Amazing life and accomplishments, nobody can take any of those things away from him.

Now all five shows have a few tickets available. Either some Ticketmaster was holding back, and some tickets that Tickertmaster has classified as Verified Re-sale tickets. BUT they are expensive. Balcony tickets for the last show are now selling for up to $2999.99 and General Admission standing in front of the stage for $925 a ticket. Balcony tickets were originally selling for $129 and General Admission were selling for $63. Some of the other nights are a little cheaper.

I don't get these ticket prices. I'm as big a VH fanboi as there ever was, Vegas is an easy drive or bike ride for me and I'm not poor. But hell to the no.

I don't get these ticket prices. I'm as big a VH fanboi as there ever was, Vegas is an easy drive or bike ride for me and I'm not poor. But hell to the no.
On Sunday the last three shows were sold out. Ticketmaster REALLY started jacking up the prices once they officialy went on sale Saturday morning. I know they normally hold back some tickets and they did, plus there are now "Verified Re-Sale" tickets for all the shows. When they put out more balcony tickets they were asking $1450 and just kept raising prices. I looked earlier today and they had balcony seats for $2999.99. They have a disclaimer that says prices are subject to change due to demand. So the demand has to be there. But I agree with you and $3000 for a seat at any concert is crazy. The two ticket package I got on pre-sale last Friday for a table near the stage for the Friday 1/7 show was only $450, which still is not cheap. I think there will even be some swag on the table and tub of iced beers included.

I could probaby turn around and sell them for over $5000 if I wanted to between now and January. I am sure all five shows will be sold out and that the big hotels will grab up anything left for perks for their whales. I am sure I could sell my tickets and buy the Friedman Cali guitar or the Friedman Jake E. Lee head that I have been wanting, but I want to go to the show even more. This is from a guy who is not a fan of expensive vacations because my thought is always "what? go somewhere for a week or two and spend more money than I could if I bought a nice guitar or amp that I could enjoy for the rest of my life?" My wife will say it is about building memories. One of Dave's last shows is just something I can't miss. That is a memory I am looking forward to having.

Last edited:
Back