Delay pedals?

parntz145

Hey,
Im looking to buy a delay pedal. I want a nice simple pedal thats easy to use. Im not looking to cover any over the top delay tones. Looking for something that sounds great for 80s metal. Can anyone make some suggestions?
Thanks, Paulie

Strymon DIG dual digital delay which has a couple modes that emulate old 80's rack mount gear plus one modern mode. I have a DIG, Carbon Copy and TC Flashback X4 on my board. They will all get you some great 80's tones. The Flashback X4 and Strymon DIG are both hard to beat for the money.

I use this pedal from a guy called Joe Parker Guitars. I played his pedal at a guitar show and i totally loved it. Works well, easy to use but best of all it sounds great. Best sounding delay i've heard. It is a digital delay; its the only digital pedal on my bard, normally i still to analog pedals.

Good luck on your search, here is a link to the pedal of his that i use: https://reverb.com/item/1901446-booshy- ... e-shipping

I would say try the MXR Echoplex....Great delay pedal and very simple! I have a Flashback on one of my amps and use the MXR on another and like the MXR better...

Flashback is good for a moderate priced out-of-the-box pedal. I have an Analogman modded DD3 that's pretty great and replaced my Flashback, but it's not as versatile.

I also have a Strymon El Capistan. Best delay I've had but it makes noise on my board. I think the Voodoo Lab PP2+ isn't giving it enough current, even though it should be.

Back