Dialing an Uber rev 2

Jccobb2

Just snagged a nice rev 2 with 2xx serial number. I’m familiar with bogner amps and quirky pot curves, etc. Never had an Uberschall before. Any tips on settings before this thing lands? I know the presence knob isn’t necessarily a presence knob, etc.

I ran the presence around noon or lower.. it's more of a mid shift.

Bass shouldn't go to high, and neither the gain.

Can go pretty high with mid and treble

Here's some settings back from when i had my original:

1714301196673.jpeg

Just got my Rev 1, but these are the settings Ive liked the most so far- not sure how different the first 2 revisions are as far as how you dial them in

Think you just gotta play around til you find what works for you as they all vary a bit. The presence control is really powerful in determining the overall voicing.

They are really extreme amps and can be quite dark and thick. I think they’re fun but I can see why a lot of guys can’t stand them.

I run mine with bass at 10:00, everything else at 1:00. Channel and master volumes around 10:00 as well. But definitely set the knobs by ear, not by eye. Can get some pretty cool tones with some of the tone controls set to extremes.

Not sure about the Rev 2, but at least on the first one, I find the amp really gets more cutting, tight and better balanced with the channel volume up really high and lower the global volume to compensate. Lowering a lot the presence and mids helps remove bloat or congestion, and treble up high gives you the needed teeth/bite. These are all opposite of how I would dial in knobs on most other amps, but on the Uber it just seems to work well

keep the volumes fairly low, and start with everything aroun 5 or 6.

use the presence to alter the mids, towards 0 will be more scooped, going higher goes more thick/midrangey.

middle is like a treble control

bass I usually keep around 6-7

the gain doesn't really have many sounds, its essentially instant high gain fun. I usually keep that around 6.

will depend massively on the tone you are after, and especially what cab you are pairing it with.

Back