Diezel cabs vs Mills Acoustics?

How do you tell the difference between a "authentic" diezel cab vs. a copy?
Also how would you tell the difference between a German or USA made cab?
I have a FL412.. could you tell from pictures if posted?

hotlicks2go":nybz1vp9 said:
How do you tell the difference between a "authentic" diezel cab vs. a copy?
Also how would you tell the difference between a German or USA made cab?
I have a FL412.. could you tell from pictures if posted?

Just send a picture of the logo

I bought a used Rearloaded Diezel Cab in 2007 on german-ebay. Who can tell me if its a USA or German cab? it's nearly impossible to read the serialnumber because it has been written with a Ballpen.

Ive owned them all. USA made front & rearloaded. & the German ones. German ones def sound better IMHO. More open to me. Bigger...if you can believe it

and my current FL has V30/K100 in an X Pattern. Love it with my VH4!!!

:rock:

woah! I forgot all about this thread. Anway, in the end, I chose a VHT(now FRYETTE) Fat bottom 4x12 with Eminence P50E's. That and the Diezel cabs sound the best to me :)

Peter, here is pics of my cab purchased '06/'07 era... Logo is broke on end but otherwise the same dimensions of my Herbert logo. Does this cab look authentic? Thank you
IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

This is a German logo and maybe also a Germann cab.
I have to ask my partner Peter Stapfer who´s responsible
for the woodwork.

A few American cabs are lincensed with the original
Diezel logo and made in California. Should be around
100 pieces.

hotlicks2go":1r6xc3c9 said:

Are the Diezel cabs made of MDF particle board? It looks like MDF on that picture but I can be wrong...

Edit: It may be the grainy picture that fools me.

I'm confused, so I'll post here since Peter is replying in this thread.

I posted a thread a few months ago about some used Diezel cabs I found for a great price and everyone told me they were US made...Now, in this thread it seems like there may be 2 different "US" Diezel cabs, the Salwenders and these other cabs made in California (limited to 100 pieces or so as Peter said)...Are the Salwender cabs NOT considered "real" Diezel cabs and only these made in CA cabs are?

I REALLY like the cabs I bought, but I'll also feel a little bummed if what I got aren't the "real" US or German made Diezel cabs.

They have a red nut on the main speaker output jack, and have batting on the inside, loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's. I have never taken the full back off to see what kind of bracing is inside. It is also a rear loaded cab with salt and pepper grill cloth.

How do you know what are the made in California Diezels and the Salwenders and how they differ to the German made ones?

None of this is cut and dry and very clear, even after searching on here.

I'd rather hear the truth from Peter himself, if possible.

Sorry for the necro-thread bump, but I find my self in the same position as this post. Looking at purchasing a used "vintage" rear-loaded 4x12 that has the same kind of jackplate as described described below. Any additional info would be very helpful.

One like this, but rear-loaded:
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Dieze ... Cabinet.gc

Oh, I should note that I am using a VH2, Mesa Roadster, and some modded EVH 5150iii's through this cab. Looking for huge, well-defined low end, that can handle the full power of one of these amps cranked. Currently using Avatr 2x12's with a mix of v30's, G12k-100's, and maybe one of the celstion redback 150-watt speakers.

Danke!

nwright":q74t6qy7 said:
I'm confused, so I'll post here since Peter is replying in this thread.

I posted a thread a few months ago about some used Diezel cabs I found for a great price and everyone told me they were US made...Now, in this thread it seems like there may be 2 different "US" Diezel cabs, the Salwenders and these other cabs made in California (limited to 100 pieces or so as Peter said)...Are the Salwender cabs NOT considered "real" Diezel cabs and only these made in CA cabs are?

I REALLY like the cabs I bought, but I'll also feel a little bummed if what I got aren't the "real" US or German made Diezel cabs.

They have a red nut on the main speaker output jack, and have batting on the inside, loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's. I have never taken the full back off to see what kind of bracing is inside. It is also a rear loaded cab with salt and pepper grill cloth.

How do you know what are the made in California Diezels and the Salwenders and how they differ to the German made ones?

None of this is cut and dry and very clear, even after searching on here.

I'd rather hear the truth from Peter himself, if possible.

This is from a while back, yet there are still “older” cabs out there.

The German Cabs are superior, no doubt.
I have a pair of FL 4X12’s, one with V30’s and one with K100’s...KILLER!!!!!

In reference to the one in your pic, it’s difficult to tell from just the front shot if it’s “real.”
There are some distinguishing features of the backplate that would help to determine it’s origin.
Can you get jack plate pics??

Back