Diezel Einstein initial review

Einstein is a great amp. But for your tones and boost desire how about a Hagen? I think it would better fit the tones you are looking for. With 4 channels you can set up ch4 as the boosted lead channel. The transition would match nicely from ch3. Roll the gain back on ch4 and the tone is very similar to ch3. All the channels have some tonal overlap in this fashion. And all channels have their own volume settings so you can easily make one the boost channel.

Never heard of the Hagen. With an amp I tend to use a built in boost or if an amp has three channels I will set up the third as the lead.....or like with my old VHT ST, I used the graphic EQ for lead.
Knowing how I love the Marshall vibe, I may end up with a Splawn Streetrod.

I just looked up the Hagen and it is more than I need!!!!

The einstein Has a Switchable 2nd master volume for a solo boost. And I have used my einstein live many times and never had a problem getting lost in the mix.

my personal experience with my own Einstein is thus:

sure, comparatively, it's a dark amp, but the treble, especially the frequencies controlled by the presence knob are abundant. I find myself turning the channel treble down a bit more than i have become accustomed to on all previous setups - lately it's been at around 9oo or 10oo, mids turned up to about 2oo to 3oo, and the presence hovering around 9 or below. the bass really kicks, but stays taut and solid, so i set that wherever feels comfortable onstage that night. if you let the treble and presence go too much, you might find yourself being a little harsh sounding, so those are what i find myself tuning before performance most. my personal experience tells me that on Diezels, the EQ knobs serve more as a way to carve out your place in the mix instead of 'getting your tone' - Diezels have a habit of sounding good no matter where your EQ curve is set. Treble = Cut, Mids = Volume, Bass = Body. thats the way i've started to use my EQ onstage, as each venue is different and each venue has dictated a different EQ curve each time.

I'd like to try an Einstein or D-Mol.
I wonder if it could replace my love of Bogner. I like amps that have some squish and are supportive, punchy. I am not a fan of too dry gain or amps that fight me.

Thinking my next amp will be a Friedman or maybe even that new PRS MT100.

Back