Diezel Einstein or EVH 5153 100 watt?

rpurdue

Hey all. I'm hoping to get your opinion on a comparison of the EVH 100 watt vs Einstein 100 watt. I currently have the 100 watt but i was offered a 5153 head and $1000 for it. I really don't need the $$$ but $1000 is still $1000! I play in an original rock/reggae band. On the Einstein i predominantly use the TEXAS mode with gain on 10 and love how thick it can get while still being clear. Can the EVH do similar?

There's another thread over on the Diezel subforum discussing the merits of an Einstein, or, "Diezel", over that of a 5153.

I'm not being a dick here, but comparing anything like this to a Diezel is like comparing a Mustang to a Ferrari.

Just sayin',
Mo

I've had both except I had the 50 watt version of the 51503.

From a pure build standpoint, the Einstein would be the obvious choice. Mine was so nicely put together.
From a sound standpoint, each amp has it's merits, obviously.

I would still pick the Einstein. I really liked mine. That texas mode was really nice.

NEVER TRADE A DIEZEL!!!!
ESPECIALLY FOR AN EVH 5153?!
You'd regret it from the moment
you plug that other Piece of Crap in.
I know I'm being Harsh but never trade
down!!

Yeah the downward trade with cash....
I did it with my VH4 and it was a fast slippery slope.

If you can.....keep the Diezel.
If you need the cash....do it. I know the predicament. :aww:

But if you really dont need to do it and just want extra cash for other gear....DONT DO IT!!! ;)

It's a fair trade
You could resale the 5153 for 1000$ and buy back an einstein for 2k if you don't like the 5153
But
5153 are great sounding amps
Versatile and can do old marshally stuff on blue channel to the most modern metal on the red channel

U should try one with your setup (guitar and cab) in a band situation then make a choice

wizardy":3bdft2md said:
It's a fair trade
You could resale the 5153 for 1000$ and buy back an einstein for 2k if you don't like the 5153
+100 on this..... :thumbsup:
Just hard to climb back upwards once selling.

Inca Roads":2odqnisz said:
NEVER TRADE A DIEZEL!!!!
down!!
who classifies the 5153 as a piece of crap? Why,bc its not some boutique amp that cost over 3k?

lessthan12":r7b5h98m said:
Inca Roads":r7b5h98m said:
NEVER TRADE A DIEZEL!!!!
down!!
who classifies the 5153 as a piece of crap? Why,bc its not some boutique amp that cost over 3k?

I SAID I WAS BEING HARSH!!
You Pay for what you get.
But if want specifics, High Production
PCB results in unreliability, a problem
that has been a common complaint with
the EVH 5153's. The FX Loop is Total Trash,
No loop volume, that's a complete must on
an amp for me.

Inca Roads":3aqq8rew said:
lessthan12":3aqq8rew said:
Inca Roads":3aqq8rew said:
NEVER TRADE A DIEZEL!!!!
down!!

I SAID I WAS BEING HARSH!!
You Pay for what you get.
But if want specifics, High Production
PCB results in unreliability, a problem
that has been a common complaint with
the EVH 5153's. The FX Loop is Total Trash,
No loop volume, that's a complete must on an amp for me

So Diezel's don't use PCBs?? As for getting what you pay for; the 5150 III has got to be the best value out there. You actually get a lot more for what you pay for it. I had an Einstien and loved it. I never really used the Texas channel so you definitely want to test out an EVH to see if it will do it for you. That said, the EVH is not crap. It's been on a lot more records than any Diezel amp that's for sure.

:LOL: :LOL: I thought this was a troll thread when I first read the title; then I saw the OP has a low post count and it made sense.

Diezels around here are God. :worship:
They are great amps (better be for $4K) but the only way to answer your question is to ask the guy if you could compare it side by side with the EVH first.

I don't even know what a "troll" is lol. I've been listening to demos and i think the 5153 sounds awesome....BUT, what really caught my ear is a demo of the XTC blue channel. I'm hoping to try one this week.

Stramm8":3ucab5yt said:
It's been on a lot more records than any Diezel amp that's for sure.

Diezels have been used by more people/bands than you know, including artists in: Metallica, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Killswitch Engage, Muse, Mastodon, Satriani, Lynch, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Godsmack, CCR, Journey, Mark Tremonti, Slipknot, Ratt, Whitesnake, GnR, Korn, Weezer, Staind, Three Days Grace, Porcupine Tree, Shinedown...

The list goes on and on. I'm sure a lot of folks have used the 5150 as well. But Diezel is an industry standard by this point.

Inca Roads":2i5g9e7k said:
NEVER TRADE A DIEZEL!!!!
down!!

^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like you could sell the 5150iii for $700 and then use your $1700 to buy another Einstein & have money left over.

People have real problems selling them over here in the UK. Difficult to say whether they'll be a sought-after collectors item in 50 years though. They're discontinued after all.

I'm not a big fan of the Einstein's setup. The individual sounds on the amp sound great, which I expect no less from Diezel, but I don't mind admitting that I was relieved to be rid of mine. I found the lack of an independent clean infuriating.

However, I traded a VH4 for an Axe Fx, only to trade that in for an Einstein, only to trade that in for another VH4. I never considered trading the Einstein for anything else other than another Diezel.
I had my heart set on a D-moll, but was convinced to dig a little deeper for what I genuinely consider to be the greatest amplifier ever made.

FourT6and2":2m9mzwd5 said:
Stramm8":2m9mzwd5 said:
It's been on a lot more records than any Diezel amp that's for sure.

Diezels have been used by more people/bands than you know, including artists in: Metallica, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Killswitch Engage, Muse, Mastodon, Satriani, Lynch, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Godsmack, CCR, Journey, Mark Tremonti, Slipknot, Ratt, Whitesnake, GnR, Korn, Weezer, Staind, Three Days Grace, Porcupine Tree, Shinedown...

The list goes on and on. I'm sure a lot of folks have used the 5150 as well. But Diezel is an industry standard by this point.
Nicely said.

And there's a host of artists and musos and bands whose names we don't know [yet] running through them as well, due to their popularity in so many studios worldwide.

Play whatever floats yer boat... No one forces anyone to play one amp over the other :dunno:

I find that I dont like Deizels much. The 5150 3 sounds amazing, though. Diezels have too stiff of a feel for me, and have too clean of a sound.

Keep your Diezel ;)

Keep in mind Ryan's in Canada, one does not buy/sell Diezel amps as easily as you guys in the US

Einstein for Ecstasy, now that I would do :yes:

Back