Diezel VHX: 7 String

FLUXX

I finally got around to using my 7 string Ibanez (A Standard) with my Diezel VHX,
and it sounds awesome, especially Channel 4 (Red) Modern, 1.

It has really nice, complex saturation, with a bit of sag,
and it reminds me how the Herbert was especially created for lower tuned Metal (Korn, etc..)
The VHX does this type of Tone really well, and it's perfectly evil!

Anyone else using a 7 string with their VHX?

I use 8 strings a lot with my diezels and it’s great, No vhx those
That's cool! Do you feel like the extended range guitar brings out the Diezel's complex saturation more?

My 7 string sounds great thru my VH4 too, and I feel like I can hear more texture of that special Diezel grind with it.

That's cool! Do you feel like the extended range guitar brings out the Diezel's complex saturation more?

My 7 string sounds great thru my VH4 too, and I feel like I can hear more texture of that special Diezel grind with it.
It definitely works well with these amps . Stays tight while being rich

@FLUXX @Techdeth Do you guys crank the mids? I have not played it in a while... but I have a Grynch Baritone tuned to A and always found it a bit muddy. I need to set mine up and change the change the strings to set up some VHX settings.

Also you ever have luck using the drop pitch shifter to tune down but with normal strings? I tried it but found the tone suffers a bit.

Cheers!

@FLUXX @Techdeth Do you guys crank the mids? I have not played it in a while... but I have a Grynch Baritone tuned to A and always found it a bit muddy. I need to set mine up and change the change the strings to set up some VHX settings.

Also you ever have luck using the drop pitch shifter to tune down but with normal strings? I tried it but found the tone suffers a bit.

Cheers!
I was always unlucky in pitching down to get a quick Downtuning, for me this cannot really work in VHX as the Pitch is after the preamp...

However, it works but I would prefer to use a second guitar for things like that.

In general I rather like to set the mids at least to 6 (Clockwise), or even more and adjust with mid-cut... I love the mids on Diezel...

I very often find myself to have lower mids and more depth when playing alone, but together in full setup you become more alive in higher mids and less depth...

Cheers!

I run my Mids at 50, Treble at 75, but I do it to cut thru in a band. I have to remind myself of that when I'm playing alone.

I actually switched to the Pitch Shift in my HX, cause I'm not liking the one in VHX that much.
I don't use a Pitch to change guitar tuning at all.

Let us know how the VHX sounds with your Baritone!

Back