Diezel VHX Review. 2022. The Diezel to end all Diezel's? Maybe... More like the future...

It’s cool amp but I still prefer the pure tone of Herbert mk 1 with 6l6s biased right . I have a lot of Diezels . Do enjoy them all

Excellent VHX video, Sean! I tried 6L6s in my VH4, but ended up liking the KT77s better. KT77s are supposed to be a mix of the 6L6 and the EL34. Try the 6L6s and see what you think. The VH4 has the switch to change tubes. Don't forget to check the bias on the 6L6s or take it to a tech who can bias them correctly for you. I'm also trying to figure out how my VH4 will get some love, now that I have the VHX. Thinking of maybe using an amp switcher to use both amps in the same rig, or even running them as a 2 amp rig. Mixing the VH4 and the 40 amp styles in the VHX could be awesome texturally, especially in a Wet/Dry rig.

Excellent VHX video, Sean! I tried 6L6s in my VH4, but ended up liking the KT77s better. KT77s are supposed to be a mix of the 6L6 and the EL34. Try the 6L6s and see what you think. The VH4 has the switch to change tubes. Don't forget to check the bias on the 6L6s or take it to a tech who can bias them correctly for you. I'm also trying to figure out how my VH4 will get some love, now that I have the VHX. Thinking of maybe using an amp switcher to use both amps in the same rig, or even running them as a 2 amp rig. Mixing the VH4 and the 40 amp styles in the VHX could be awesome texturally, especially in a Wet/Dry rig.
Thanks dude!

Yeah so much to explore in the amp. I was messing with Blue channel shape 0 Modern and fell in love. Tweaked the EQ a bit and got an awesome rhythm chug tone. So yeah... this amp really has it's own identity.

What sane metal head doesn’t like Cardass? LOL
Ok you’re good to go! So when I boost my vh4 ti me it sounds like Carcass Surgical Steel album . It just has that tone fr . Boost with Maxon or TS and it just does that

So a month later and still absolutely blown away how good the VHX sounds. Why is it not on the Diezel sight? Why is there barley any reviews/videos on line? Nails the VH4 tones and I dialed in the Herbert "supposed" setting and it sounds amazing.

BJUT the amp really is it's own. I encourage anyone who is considering getting one it's like getting a ton of different new Diezel amps along with tones just like the VH4 and Herbert. (Hard to tell with Herbert as I have not used one in years.)

Cleans are the insanely crisp and the FX all are fantastic.

Really thinking of selling my VH4. The VHX is like having a VH4 plus a ton of different voicings. Surprised this amp is not all over the diezel site and does not have more videos all over YouTube.

Cheers

Glad you are as stoked on your new VHX as I am on mine!

I have now had the chance to compare the VHX to: a Blueface, VH4, Hagen, Herbert mk1, my own Herbert mk3 and Paul. I can tell you that it can nail the Herbert sound as well, although I find the VHX Herbert settings more like the mk3. It is actually amazing how close it gets to nailing the other Diezel circuits in tone and feel. Plus, with all the shaping configurations, you can get whole new and equally awesome Diezel tones only found in the VHX!

The only thing is that like you, I am finding my other Diezel a bit redundant and I am playing with the idea of moving my mk3. Probably won't right now, as I still really love that Herbie and getting that 180w power section working is just like nothing else.

Glad you are as stoked on your new VHX as I am on mine!

I have now had the chance to compare the VHX to: a Blueface, VH4, Hagen, Herbert mk1, my own Herbert mk3 and Paul. I can tell you that it can nail the Herbert sound as well, although I find the VHX Herbert settings more like the mk3. It is actually amazing how close it gets to nailing the other Diezel circuits in tone and feel. Plus, with all the shaping configurations, you can get whole new and equally awesome Diezel tones only found in the VHX!

The only thing is that like you, I am finding my other Diezel a bit redundant and I am playing with the idea of moving my mk3. Probably won't right now, as I still really love that Herbie and getting that 180w power section working is just like nothing else.
That is way cool that you got to test your VHX against so many of the other Diezel models.
I wish I knew the Paul and Einstein models better, to know which tones are them,
as they are not marked on Leo's master chart.

I'm super psyched about having the Herbert Mk3 tones, and the Hagen too,
as well as so many "next level" tones! This amp totally rules!!

Back