Digital has made rig rundown vids suck

I watched this earlier. I'm not a guy who has ever chased Eddie's tone but this was really cool. It was interesting and I actually learned a few things.

I'm using an FM3 at the moment and I really enjoy it but I've said it before and I still stand by the statement that tones were more interesting when people had to fight for them a bit more.

A funny thing about guys hiding their gear, I was listening to a vid about EVH and Randy Rhoads and why they didn't care for each other and they said that Randy liked EVH but got pissed off cause he asked him how he kept his guitars in tune with a trem with no looking nut and EVH wouldn't tell him. It's kinda funny. I don't know much but I like to help when I can but then again these guys were competing against each other for a bit.

I watched this earlier. I'm not a guy who has ever chased Eddie's tone but this was really cool. It was interesting and I actually learned a few things.

I'm using an FM3 at the moment and I really enjoy it but I've said it before and I still stand by the statement that tones were more interesting when people had to fight for them a bit more.

A funny thing about guys hiding their gear, I was listening to a vid about EVH and Randy Rhoads and why they didn't care for each other and they said that Randy liked EVH but got pissed off cause he asked him how he kept his guitars in tune with a trem with no looking nut and EVH wouldn't tell him. It's kinda funny. I don't know much but I like to help when I can but then again these guys were competing against each other for a bit.
Oi3pGUE.jpg

Watched this. The takeaway (for me) was the better sound was using the EVH distortion pedal (into the clean ch) instead of the amp's gain channel.

I posted vid of Dave Friedman stating the brown sound was an old plexi and variac; apparently Dave had the chance to look inside EVH's amp? IDK, I've never chased EVH sound.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/thre...ound-in-a-pedal-solutions.288789/post-3705081

So many products, ideas, legends and rumors and misleading info on the VH1 guitar sound, IDK.

In the 80's, guitarists lied to people and made up shit to hide what they are doing with their rigs. Now, guitarists sell their tones and settings, you can just download them. An interesting turn of events.
Agreed - I like it better then with the mystery and mystique out there. Now everything is freely available. Most guitar dudes on the internet don't even make real music anyway. They just demo pedals and shit. I understand people have to make a living but it bores me. Of course I am old so what do I know

There is nothing that sucks all the joy out of playing guitar for me than the thought of having to use a digital rig. I think I would rather just quit playing music altogether. Analog shoelaces are underrated.
While I enjoy my tube amps, I think my computer plugin rig sounds great, better than most digital modelers I've owned. To get the same sounds with my tube amps would take so many signal processors and pedals it's just not practical for me.

dig what you dig.

Lol, I'm not seeing what the big deal is. Is running a od pedal into a Marshall that more exciting to talk about? How about if the digital rig talks about what capacitors and resistors are in his axefx.

Lol, I'm not seeing what the big deal is. Is running a od pedal into a Marshall that more exciting to talk about? How about if the digital rig talks about what capacitors and resistors are in his axefx.
They are more interesting if they show their presets and how they set up their sounds, like how John Petrucci showed his actual preset and talked about how he uses it.

I posted vid of Dave Friedman stating the brown sound was an old plexi and variac; apparently Dave had the chance to look inside EVH's amp? IDK, I've never chased EVH sound.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/thre...ound-in-a-pedal-solutions.288789/post-3705081

So many products, ideas, legends and rumors and misleading info on the VH1 guitar sound, IDK.
Yes he did...but not until many years later, certainly not in the late 70s when he was getting the tones most search for. This goes for anyone else who has looked inside...Soldano, Van Wheelden etc.
They all say 'it was stock except for a couple strange values' here and there...but any mod Jose 'might' have done to it, was long gone by the late 80s/early 90s when anyone else poked their head inside.

Back