DiMarzio - Paul Gilbert Injector pickup demo - new vid

carl roa

Happy Holidays Rig-Talkers. Wishing all a Happy New Year filled with new gear! :D

Just filmed a demo for DiMarzio ... had my tech put together a swamp ash strat. DiMarzio sent me the new Paul Gilbert Injector pickups to try out. Have to say they are very cool. I am normally a full on humbucker kinda guy ... but these Injectors really do have an excellent vibe about them. They work well with high gain too. The swamp ash is bright, and with these pups I can get a lot of definition for low riffs and solos. Digging the tones. All was played thru the Splawn Nitro amp.

Nice as always Carl :). Those pickups sound great. I've been GASing for a new Strat lately. I was thinking either a Billy Corgan model with the Dimarzio's or some Lace Sensors, or a Road Worn Strat in white with these new PG pickups. I really dig them!

CaseyCor":2kzptpr3 said:
Nice as always Carl :). Those pickups sound great. I've been GASing for a new Strat lately. I was thinking either a Billy Corgan model with the Dimarzio's or some Lace Sensors, or a Road Worn Strat in white with these new PG pickups. I really dig them!

Thanks Casey - This is actually a frankenstrat ... with a G&L swamp ash body. I used to have a Fender Deluxe with the Gold Lace Sensors back in the 90's! Was my main axe for a while.

Those sound like I wish my HS-3 would sound! I'm assuming what we are hearing is a mic'ed cab into cubase or other and the finished result correct? Or is the audio coming through a cam corder of some type?

carl roa":35mz95vl said:
CaseyCor":35mz95vl said:

Thanks Casey - This is actually a frankenstrat ... with a G&L swamp ash body. I used to have a Fender Deluxe with the Gold Lace Sensors back in the 90's! Was my main axe for a while.
Very cool. I like those Lace Sensor pickups a lot. Can get the typical strat sounds, but sound great when hit with a little bit of gain. I like them for fuzz tones.

I really wish Ibanez would sell a cheaper model Fireman with these pickups. They said they were going to, and then they released the new model with a $2,000 price tag. I guess that's cheap compared to the $6,000 original, but it's not cheap to me.

Kapo_Polenton":1tgeqjud said:
Those sound like I wish my HS-3 would sound! I'm assuming what we are hearing is a mic'ed cab into cubase or other and the finished result correct? Or is the audio coming through a cam corder of some type?

Yes, it a miked Splawn 4x12 cab recorded thru a GML pre into a MAC running Logic.

Back