Dirty Shirley Hits The Stage (video clip)

LP Freak

Had my Dirty Shirley out for the first time tonight and it rocked. :rock:

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

A little rushed but you get the idea. ;)

Great vid. Was all that saturation from the amp or were there pedals involved? I've been interested in a jtm 45 type amp and I had the dirty shirley on my radar but I thought it might be a little too.......you know. Dirty. If that was all amp gain, no pedals, how well does it clean up with the volume knob? Does it get thin when it gets cleaner?

Again, great video. Your band overall sounds really good there. My band gigged this weekend, and when I was watching the video I was thinking your bass player should give my bass player tone lessons. :D My bass player likes to lay down a thick layer of mud.

threadkiller":3f7xrzqa said:
Great vid. Was all that saturation from the amp or were there pedals involved? I've been interested in a jtm 45 type amp and I had the dirty shirley on my radar but I thought it might be a little too.......you know. Dirty. If that was all amp gain, no pedals, how well does it clean up with the volume knob? Does it get thin when it gets cleaner?

Again, great video. Your band overall sounds really good there. My band gigged this weekend, and when I was watching the video I was thinking your bass player should give my bass player tone lessons. :D My bass player likes to lay down a thick layer of mud.
Thanks for the kind words guys. ;)

As far as the amp, what you're hearing is the guitar staight through the amp. The only thing I did was hit a Timmy for that little solo break. The amp has a bit more gain than I was expecting it to have. Not metal, but plenty for soloing if needed. I had the gain on 6 in the clip. It also cleans up with the guitar's volume better than any amp I've ever had and it does thin up ever so slightly bout sounds exactly the way it should. Over all it's a great amp though. :thumbsup: Only thing I did was swap out the tube rectifier for a solid state. It really tightened up the bottom to my liking. :yes: If this is the style of amp that you're looking for, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

And my bass player does have some great tones indeed. :thumbsup:

drewiv":1tzoip2u said:
Sound good. :thumbsup: Amp, band, all sounds good!

When did you go and shave your head? :D
Thanks Drew. The shaver came out just the other day. It's much more aerodynamic. :LOL: :LOL:

Amp sounded great, Nice Band you have there, sounded great. Tell me a little more about the guitar, year/model/pickups? Hmm, Dirty Shirley,,sounded real good :rock: :doh:

gibson08":112pjd20 said:
Amp sounded great, Nice Band you have there, sounded great. Tell me a little more about the guitar, year/model/pickups? Hmm, Dirty Shirley,,sounded real good :rock: :doh:
The guitar is my trusty '01 LP Classic PP. I bought this new one off the shelf at Sam Ash and got a good one. It's been my main guitar for 11 years now. :thumbsup: I swapped out the stock pups with an Aldrich set. And yes the DS. :yes: It sounds great for what we do....Journey, Styx, Boston, Foreigner, ect.

guitarmike":ohodea63 said:
Band sounds great, cool tunes!
Thanks Mike. Not bad for a bunch of old farts. :LOL: :LOL: We're still a little shakey on some stuff....we've only been together about 6 months but it's getting there. :thumbsup:

Sure, now it comes out! :LOL: :LOL:

Question: Can you run a A/B box into both inputs and switch between them? I thought you couldn't with Brown Eye modded amps but wasn't sure if it was the same with the DS. I love the difference in the inputs tone and having them switchable would be perfect.

Back