Do you use your pinky?

Matt300ZXT

I'm just curious....I see SO many big time guitarists not use their pinky and play great solos, they're fast, all that good stuff...but they never utilize that last digit. I've always used mine and I can easily still play up on the high frets, even up to the 24th on my Gibson scale guitar. It never gets in my way, I never trip over it, it doesn't slow me down at all.

Just curious how some of you guys feel about this forgotten appendage.

Pinkies are for when I'm sipping champagne with my west Austin friends.

A pinky lacks bending firepower. I mainly use it in leads when it will give my hand better positioning for the next lick or phrase in a given passage. It's all about making things easier so it seems short sighted to not integrate it into your playing. I still use it pretty frequently.

this is my pinky so no, it dosent get used much :ROFLMAO:

VTVwgVB_d.jpg

1711904229839.jpeg

There are multiple articles about ring vs index finger lengths. I can’t deny or confirm this truth. My ring is longer than my index and both are longer than my wiener, sooooo, that I can confirm. 😏

Andy James doesn't use his very much:

I watched and learned from a lot of Danny Gill videos and he uses his pinky more than any guitarist I've ever seen. I think he uses it more than his ring finger.. especially for rhythm but he bends with it a lot too.

Back