Does anyone know the approx KHZ freq for certain knobs on Wizard amps?

lessarti

Wizard MC II & MTL owners unite. What are the approx Hz frequencies that are effected by tweaking the amp? I am trying to get a better understanding on the sonic spectrum of Rick's amps.

I get what you’re asking but I don’t think it works that way. So many amps have a typical Marshall tone stack yet sound radically different. Not to mention some tone stacks (B/M/T) are interactive so the center frequency on each band can shift depending on settings of the others. The preamp voicing before tone stack and the non linear peaks and dips of the OT’s overall frequency response are more responsible for the particular frequencies the amp is putting out.

My best layman's term explanation is - there's a lot of shit going on :ROFLMAO: Everything is interactive including the the additional channel bright functions on the back of the amp, those have a huge effect on the overall tone outside of the TMB on the front and presence.

I get what you’re asking but I don’t think it works that way. So many amps have a typical Marshall tone stack yet sound radically different. Not to mention some tone stacks (B/M/T) are interactive so the center frequency on each band can shift depending on settings of the others. The preamp voicing before tone stack and the non linear peaks and dips of the OT’s overall frequency response are more responsible for the particular frequencies the amp is putting out.
It very well does work out like that and you are most likely correct. I just wanted to see IF there was a range or idea to say specifically what each knob possibly does, without factoring in other knobs in the equation getting overly technical. Just was curious is all.

Check this out. Hopefully the right values followed the link, it looks like it from here at least. This is for the MCII, if you want the MTL change R1 to 47k (mid scoop off) or 94k (mid scoop on). Also the earlier MCIs had 62k in this spot.

RT is treble, RM is middle and RB is bass - move the faders up and down, and you will see a pretty accurate simulation of what happens in your amp.

Wow thanks Alfi that is pretty friggin' cool! That is even better than I expected to actually visually see where the freq shelves upwards/downwards.

Back