duncan custom 5, custom vs BG hellabucker

rbasaria

Any of you guys play the custom or custom 5 and a hellabucker? Been thinking about getting a hellabucker for my horizon, but I cant decide...Can any one compare them for me?

I've owned the pickup before, its just been a really long time.

And yes. I swapped the magnet for a ceramic and it sounds way better.

Dan, did you even read my OP? Im thinking about getting a Hellabucker for the horizon...not a Custom. It already has a custom in it lol.

I asked for comparisons between the Duncan custom or custom 5 and the hellabuckers...I didn't ask for random experiences with pickups.

charveldan":2z9ltkji said:
Stick your GAB attitude up Ur Cunt you Twat .... and by all means thank you for shopping at ur friendly Walmart. :D

ROFL there is seriously something wrong with you dude.

Not sure how much it would help since the signal chain isn't the same as your setup, but Laura has a thrash demo of the Hellabucker here:

I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe my guitar and not the Custom 5. I'm going to put in a JB from another guitar to see how different it will be, at least its DC resistance of 16.x kOhm will hopefully get me more output.

charveldan":1yqx4tf3 said:
I was expecting you to post about the Virtues of 5150 combo's & LTD guitars ... :banhim: :banhim: :bash:
Why would we ban him? He seems like a cool cat, unlike yourself CDan. You are ate the fuck up man. :confused:

Thanks dude.

The only reason Dan wants me banned is because I spend most of my forum time over at GAB, from which he was perma banned for a number of reasons. I wasn't even part of the crew that jumped on the band wagon when everything with that went down lol. And I wasn't trying to be a dick here, either...just get frustrated when responses to my question are entirely irrelevant to my question. Especially when one of those posts includes an ebay search link to a pickup that is already in the guitar...makes no sense.

I will say that that place runs a LOT smoother and has a LOT less drama without Dan there, though.

Im looking at spending $160 on pickups for a $1450 guitar, Dan. I thought I was on your ignore list.

charveldan":2mp9h08e said:
You can buy $300 pups for a $150 dolla guitar but its still gonna sound like a $150 dolla guitar. :doh:

You can have a $600+ mod performed on a $1000 JMP, but if charveldan plays through it, it's still gonna sound like shit. :doh:

74JMP":2sxex5s5 said:
charveldan":2sxex5s5 said:
You can buy $300 pups for a $150 dolla guitar but its still gonna sound like a $150 dolla guitar. :doh:

You can have a $600+ mod performed on a $1000 JMP, but if charveldan plays through it, it's still gonna sound like shit. :doh:
I'm not a fan of ganging up on anybody, but that was funny (sorry Dan) :LOL: :LOL:

As an update, I'm pulling the hetfield pups out of my V and I'm gonna throw a BG Hellarail in there to try out. Also, depending on how that goes, I'll be grabbing a hellabucker and a lizard for the Horizon.

Back