Dunlop and Zakk Wylde back together again

tpruitt

Looks like Zakk is signed back with Dunlop pedals.
I got this in a email from wylde audio.
I couldn’t find anything online about it so I just took a screenshot.

Attachments

• IMG_9075.jpeg
    IMG_9075.jpeg
    553.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
So they're just clones of existing MXRs with new paint and an extra $20 in the price?

Love Zakk but he isn't exactly doing anything innovative with Wylde Audio.

So they're just clones of existing MXRs with new paint and an extra $20 in the price?

Love Zakk but he isn't exactly doing anything innovative with Wylde Audio.

What's Wylde Audio other than butt ugly guitars made by Schecter in Korea??

*again

together again

I had the MXR Wylde boost at one point. It was OK. A bit noisy. I'm a big MXR fan otherwise.

I have two of the OG Wylde Overdrives. One of the first run without the internal switch. One with the switch. Love both to death. Yeah, a bit noisy, but like an SD-1 that does more of the SD-1 twangy high mids and steep low-end rolloff.

I never tried the Berzerker OD. What are those like?

Yeah, fuck you Zakk for trying to start your own company, you fucking asshole! Who does he think he is? Leaving Gibson like that to have his own fucked up guitars made to his own specs. Only losers try to be their own boss and stuff. Fuckin’ musicians thinkin’ it’s their job to make money and shit, pffft.

I haven’t even taken the opportunity to play one of those jacked up looking guitars when I’ve seen them in stores, but I highly doubt dropping all his endorsements but EMG to sell those jacked up guitars is really much of a “cash grab” since maybe 10% of his fanbase are the only people interested in those things and he’s put nothing else out with Wylde Audio.

Yeah, fuck you Zakk for trying to start your own company, you fucking asshole! Who does he think he is? Leaving Gibson like that to have his own fucked up guitars made to his own specs. Only losers try to be their own boss and stuff. Fuckin’ musicians thinkin’ it’s their job to make money and shit, pffft.

I haven’t even taken the opportunity to play one of those jacked up looking guitars when I’ve seen them in stores, but I highly doubt dropping all his endorsements but EMG to sell those jacked up guitars is really much of a “cash grab” since maybe 10% of his fanbase are the only people interested in those things and he’s put nothing else out with Wylde Audio.
At first I thought you were kidding :dunno:

I like his guitars. Yeah, they're kinda ridiculous, but I mean... plenty other ridiculous sig guitars out there. IE, a guitar someone half-assed painted in primer? A sparkly green 7 string bartitone tele with a middle pickup and no neck pickup? A blatant Strat ripoff with a half molten hedstock? LOL.

They're made by Schecter, more than likely in the WMI factory, so they're probably solid.

These days, his writing isn't all that awesome, but at least he's not writing the same old dated stuff from the 80's many others of his contemporaries are.

Last edited:
Back