Ear Candy Cabinets STOLE MY MONEY... BEWARE

toddf007":2vw6sjrt said:
Audioholic":2vw6sjrt said:
I have an Ear candy cab. The biggets complaint for me was the time. He said 6-8 weeks, which of course most small manufactures say something like that even if its gonna take longer, which happens ALOT when small companies are building things. After several months went by, I of course followed up and was given not quite accurate times. But eventually it made it here, like 6 or so months later. Luckily I could be patient, and I dig the cab tons.

In the future however I will go another route where I don't have to wait so long if I ever need another cab. Tim was nice enough, and eventually answered all of my emails and questions. Sometimes right away, sometimes it took another email to bring it to the top again. I wouldn't call thier customer service stellar by any means, as sometimes there was a delay in answer. But this is also common with other small companies that I have experienced, and sometimes even with big companies it is impossible to get replies. I think Ear Candy just suffers from small business syndrome and not enough help. I do think they have every intention of finishing each and every order as best as they can, and one should realize that really the biggest issue is time, it will take longer then they say. But if you can wait, you will get a good cab.

With most CUSTOM orders wherever you order it from, there is usually no return policy or refund.

To the OP, I would of suggested getting your cab and just selling it yourself when it came in. I doubt Tim would take your money and not give you anything in return. though it may take a bit. I would also suggest further bashing of him if this is going to court, as you could possibly make youreslf out to look like just what you are not wanting to look like. Comparing Tim to a child molester and other stabs here and there, I just don't think that will help your case. Just my 2 cents. Sucks to get taken if that is the case, but if you are in fact going to court over you defacing him on the net, you are not helping your case by further posting you know.
Thank you for your input. However, I do understand Custom Orders and wait times. I've done A LOT of it. I do think from 2007 to mid 2009 is probably adequate time. He is NOW saying that if I can prove to him that he did not refund the money then he will do that. Now I'm pissed though. I'm not willing to give him my bank statements to prove that. He would have either a canceled check OR a transaction # showing where he did refund the money if he really did that. He didn't and he knows it. It's not my place to dig through all of my bank statements looking for that transaction that I know is not there. That's his responsibility to show me where he has proof that he did pay me. Hey, if he could show me that then I would be all good, but he doesn't have that.

That is semantics trick, because you can't prove a negative like that in court-- how are you supposed to provide paper work for something that hasn't occurred/doesn't exist-- NO. If you allege that he hasn't refunded your money, HE has to prove in court that he did. ;) Go get him, and check the statute of limitations on actionability on this-- and act before that time expires.

There are no attorneys in small claims court.

This is a breech of contract case. He was paid and in return agreed to provide you a product within a time frame. The time frame expired, and now you want your money back, since you have not been provided with the product you contracted to purchase, and pre-paid. You take proof of payment to the court. DONE. He may file a counter claim against you for defamation and liable, but I doubt seriously he'll get anywhere with it, as the case YOU file, will be heard 1st-- settling the truth as to his claims, the agreement and the outcome.

If he tries to argue that you canceled your order, and you show that he has a no refunds/cancellation policy, the judge will ask him why he hasn't refunded your money IF he in fact, made an exception to his no refunds/cancellation policy and did actually cancel, why would he then be entitled to exercise his no refunds part of the contract, as he nullified the contract by agreeing to cancel the order--or why he hasn't provided the product as agreed (IF the judge doesn't ask those two things, I highly recommend that you ask the judge "with respect" to help you sort out the answers to those two questions). Likely the judge will give YOU the option of the product or your money back.

Get your money back.

Best of luck

toddf007":dpon5vxd said:
SeaDog":dpon5vxd said:
Guys, let me tell you, my wife bought a bunch of tupperware off of the tupperware private forum and the women never delivered. After many excuses from the women about being sick, in the hospital etc... she stopped communicating altogether. My wife posted a message much like this one and found out the women scammed many people. We called the police and lodged a complaint and they went to her house and warned to return the money or they would press charges. My wife was then given a full refund by the person and it turned out that more than 40 people were scammed for a large amount of money. Only those that actually called the police got their money back. The women still made off with a bunch of peoples money and the police confirmed that none of the bull stories that the women replied with were true. She was an out of work ex-tupperware lady dead beat. True story...
I believe it. There are many people out there that just want to screw people out of their money so they don't have to work as hard. That's exactly why threads like this are VERY IMPORTANT on the internet. If you couldn't post things like this then they would be able to continue to do this to others. I've heard unproven rumors, that Ear Candy has done this to many people over the years, and this is what has happened to me, so I don't have a hard time believing it. It's time to stop them. I can't stand a thief. I feel like they have no place in our society.

THIS is potentially actionable by him against you, unless you have first hand knowledge/evidence of these accounts and not second or 3rd hand info, I would urge you to Edit this, and I have-- so my quote won't document anything against you.

I HATE thieves too.

dougiefresh":r1k7coxh said:
droptrd":r1k7coxh said:
I agree. seems like honest business men are getting harder to find these days. Im starting to have problems with Motor City - although nowhere near as bad as a year and a half with no merch/refund. Time will tell with my situation

Wade is not the best with emails, call him.
He has been slammed with orders ever since the pickup shootout.

He went WAY out of his way to help me recently.

He'll come through for you.
Thanks Bro

Nigel":1uoazo6x said:
Sure is a lot of anxiety over $500.
Maybe $500 is not much money to you and I can respect that. It is a lot of money to me, but even more than that is the principle. I'm trying to inform people so they don't make the same mistake. Since $500 is not that much money to you would you just send me $500 knowing that you probably won't get anything in return? I will gladly give you my PayPal address. I'll even pay all the PayPal Fees. :D

I think that's Tim's whole agenda. He's thinking nobody will go all the way for just $500. He's screwed the wrong guy this time. :gethim:

Nigel":33z64sl5 said:
Sure is a lot of anxiety over $500.

Right is right and wrong is wrong-- cost not withstanding-- court is the remedy, and I suggest you act first to file. His filing second or filing a counter suite will look more like sour grapes in the face of the facts you provide the court.

dougiefresh":abnn64w6 said:
droptrd":abnn64w6 said:
I agree. seems like honest business men are getting harder to find these days. Im starting to have problems with Motor City - although nowhere near as bad as a year and a half with no merch/refund. Time will tell with my situation

Wade is not the best with emails, call him.
He has been slammed with orders ever since the pickup shootout.

He went WAY out of his way to help me recently.

He'll come through for you.

You were right. Not so good with emails. But Wade came thru. Just got everything cleared up. Turns out the pups were shipped already. Received my pups shortly after. My Afwayu set w/ nickel covers look great and flat out kill in my McCarty.

Zachman":39r4l53k said:
toddf007":39r4l53k said:
I feel the need to post this to save others from getting ripped off. If you are considering buying cabinets from Ear Candy you really need to read on. In Mid December 2007 I custom ordered a loaded cabinet from Tim at Ear Candy. He MADE SURE to get PAYMENT IN FULL up front. He said he was Really Backed Up on orders because he was selling so many cabinets so it would take 6 to 8 weeks to build. I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on a stack so I contacted Tim RIGHT AFTER the turn of the year to try and cancel my order or even have Tim simply sell it to another customer. I knew he had not started my cabinets yet. Tim said that would not be a problem. He would simply build the cabinet and sell it to someone else.

I stayed in close contact with Ear Candy. Or as Tim puts it.... “I drove him crazy with status calls and emails.” After several months went by Tim stopped returning my emails. During this time Ear Candy’s shop got flooded several times. He thought I would just go away and forget about my cab. Well, at this point I wouldn’t have an Ear Candy cab if you gave it to me. Well, maybe to burn on YouTube.

I got Tim’s attention when I posted a comment about this on one of his YouTube videos. THIS REALLY UPSET HIM. Of course, he doesn’t want people to know that he’s a thief. That would be bad for finding future suckers. He didn’t have a problem getting in touch of me then. I received all kinds of threats and abusive language in emails. I would be happy to forward any and all emails to anyone that wants to read just to see what kind of guy we’re talking about.

I guess this will be a battle of the attorneys, because he says he’s going to sue me for telling people the truth about our deal. What I don’t think his attorney knows is this is all FACT. I have not embellished one bit. In fact I left a lot of details out to save people all the reading and keep this as short as possible. That’s called Freedom of Speech. Just so long as everything I say is true there’s NOTHING HE CAN DO!

I’ll let you be the judge. If this had happened to you would you call him a thief or just a great business man? In my opinion the worst kind of criminal are thief's and child molesters. I would like to hear your thoughts. When he drags me into court I would love to show the judge how the rest of America would feel had it been them. People like this must be stopped or they will continue to steal peoples money. He knows that all the attorney fees and court fees would cost more that the cabinet so he THINKS people will just write it off and forget about it. Well, I’ve written the money off, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back and act like it didn’t happen. The funny thing is Tim SAID he’s bigger than the internet and could never be stopped. Is that funny or what. Now that’s a “EGOTISTICAL BIG HEADED BASTARD”!

Feel free to contact me if you would like more info on this matter.
Toddf007@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time.
Todd

Why wait? File a claim for your money now

Agreed, why all the fuss? Didn't you purchase with a credit card? Open a dispute with your CC company.

Variable":27gc5xfn said:
Zachman":27gc5xfn said:
toddf007":27gc5xfn said:
I feel the need to post this to save others from getting ripped off. If you are considering buying cabinets from Ear Candy you really need to read on. In Mid December 2007 I custom ordered a loaded cabinet from Tim at Ear Candy. He MADE SURE to get PAYMENT IN FULL up front. He said he was Really Backed Up on orders because he was selling so many cabinets so it would take 6 to 8 weeks to build. I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on a stack so I contacted Tim RIGHT AFTER the turn of the year to try and cancel my order or even have Tim simply sell it to another customer. I knew he had not started my cabinets yet. Tim said that would not be a problem. He would simply build the cabinet and sell it to someone else.

I stayed in close contact with Ear Candy. Or as Tim puts it.... “I drove him crazy with status calls and emails.” After several months went by Tim stopped returning my emails. During this time Ear Candy’s shop got flooded several times. He thought I would just go away and forget about my cab. Well, at this point I wouldn’t have an Ear Candy cab if you gave it to me. Well, maybe to burn on YouTube.

I got Tim’s attention when I posted a comment about this on one of his YouTube videos. THIS REALLY UPSET HIM. Of course, he doesn’t want people to know that he’s a thief. That would be bad for finding future suckers. He didn’t have a problem getting in touch of me then. I received all kinds of threats and abusive language in emails. I would be happy to forward any and all emails to anyone that wants to read just to see what kind of guy we’re talking about.

I guess this will be a battle of the attorneys, because he says he’s going to sue me for telling people the truth about our deal. What I don’t think his attorney knows is this is all FACT. I have not embellished one bit. In fact I left a lot of details out to save people all the reading and keep this as short as possible. That’s called Freedom of Speech. Just so long as everything I say is true there’s NOTHING HE CAN DO!

I’ll let you be the judge. If this had happened to you would you call him a thief or just a great business man? In my opinion the worst kind of criminal are thief's and child molesters. I would like to hear your thoughts. When he drags me into court I would love to show the judge how the rest of America would feel had it been them. People like this must be stopped or they will continue to steal peoples money. He knows that all the attorney fees and court fees would cost more that the cabinet so he THINKS people will just write it off and forget about it. Well, I’ve written the money off, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back and act like it didn’t happen. The funny thing is Tim SAID he’s bigger than the internet and could never be stopped. Is that funny or what. Now that’s a “EGOTISTICAL BIG HEADED BASTARD”!

Toddf007@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time.
Todd

Agreed, why all the fuss? Didn't you purchase with a credit card? Open a dispute with your CC company.

I tried to. They only offer protection for 120 days. Tim strung me along for most of that time. I didn't really start to realize I would not get anything from him until after that date. I have filed a complaint with everybody I can think of now though. We'll see how that turns out.

toddf007":pcrb6ln2 said:
Variable":pcrb6ln2 said:
Zachman":pcrb6ln2 said:
toddf007":pcrb6ln2 said:

Toddf007@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time.
Todd

I tried to. They only offer protection for 120 days. Tim strung me along for most of that time. I didn't really start to realize I would not get anything from him until after that date. I have filed a complaint with everybody I can think of now though. We'll see how that turns out.

If you haven't filed a complaint with small claims court-- you haven't filed with anyone meaningful yet. BTW, include the cost of filing in your damages.

Todd, I talked to Tim and he said he had you listed as a Full Refund. I told him about your story so he said he went back and dug through to find your email/phone number. I think he said he emailed you but your email has changed? Either way he said he was in the process of straightening this out. Have you called?
I have had nothing but a great experience dealing with him. I have bought lots of his cab/speakers.

richedie":sfvj9ems said:
Todd, I talked to Tim and he said he had you listed as a Full Refund. I told him about your story so he said he went back and dug through to find your email/phone number. I think he said he emailed you but your email has changed? Either way he said he was in the process of straightening this out. Have you called?
I have had nothing but a great experience dealing with him. I have bought lots of his cab/speakers.
He's lying. I'm also sure he did say that my email has changed..... LIE as well. I've had that email address for like 10 years. No, I have not called. First off, Tim is in hiding. He shows NO phone # on his website and he HAS CHANGED HIS #. You can't even find out what town Ass Candy is in. That's a pretty sure sign you're dealing with a crooked small business. Most small business' want people to know those things. He also changes email like he changes underwear. Tell me that's not red flags for a con-artist.

The BBB has contacted me and said they can not get Ass Candy to respond. If he was 100% in the right here he would be contacting them and proving he did not steal my money.
Tim is a con-artist. Everything he's been saying to people about this situation has been lies only to make them think he's a great guy. That's what con-artist do. They paint a great picture of themselves to everybody they can then they blatantly steal your money. :yes: There's WAY TOO MANY stories from people that say they have been screwed over by Ass Candy for it not to be true. He can say what he wants and you can chose to believe him or you can chose to believe all of these customers that have very similar stories. When I hear all of these bad stories from past Ass Candy customers I can't help but see that Tim is FULL OF SHIT and is only out for TIM. He couldn't care less about his customer base. That's just WAY TOO SIMPLE TO SEE. Show me ONE other small company out there that has such a terrible customer service rating that really cares about their customers. Don't worry, at this rate Ass Candy won't be around for long. You can't treat customers like this and hope to stay in business. I know Tim has told me that HE IS BIGGER THAN THE INTERNET AND HE KNOWS TOO MANY PEOPLE. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Yeah Right, we'll see. I guess only time will tell. I'll put my money on Tim being out of business. You watch, he will not be around as long as Celestion, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, etc.

psychodave":o0wdxh6t said:
Todd.... you should make a web page outlining all of the details. This way it can never be sanitized and links to it can be posted anytime you want. :thumbsup:
I need to get with someone that can build a web page cheap. I got with my web designer for our business' and he was not too cheap. I don't want to spend more than the cabinet for a website. I do want one though. :D

toddf007":iarmmk4p said:
psychodave":iarmmk4p said:
Todd.... you should make a web page outlining all of the details. This way it can never be sanitized and links to it can be posted anytime you want. :thumbsup:
I need to get with someone that can build a web page cheap. I got with my web designer for our business' and he was not too cheap. I don't want to spend more than the cabinet for a website. I do want one though. :D

ENDITOL on here can do it!
Josh

A few year ago I was looking for a 1x12 cab. I found a little company called lopoline and took a chance because they had a wide 1x12 that my Fender Bandmaster could sit on and it was not hanging over the edges. I got a great cab. It's well built and it was delivered quickly.

If you're looking for a good cab, check out lopoline.

Now, about Ear Candy. I doubt this guy is just out to steal peoples money. You can't do that for very long with a website and a known address etc...

I think it's probably a case of the guy being in over his head and not having the experience or the aptitude to deal with these problems as they arise. He's probably still taking orders because he wants to secure his income even though he knows he can't build them as fast as he sells them. Most likely he is not a thief but at some point he just shuts down when it comes to all the problems of fulfilling customer orders.

He probably didn't count on having to work so hard making cabs. It probably looked better than having a day job working for the man. I think he should be up front with people. He knows at this point that he can't deliver so he should tell people that. Ultimately his business is hurt by not following through on his end.

Scott

I ordered 2 - 2x12 Buzzbombs on June 1, 2009. I think the total was around $1500. Not sure if he is in the Amazon cutting wood or in China making speakers or just screwing the pooch, or has some other issue. 25 months later no cabs, and wouldn't want the fuckers anyway. If he popped up with them, I would donate them to someone here in need of a cab without the resources. I have written several times, and get the same answer about someone being sick, or lost the order or whatever. I turned it over to AMEX to investigate though several months ago. I think he is just one of the people in the biz that you put in the unreliable turd category and move on.

There was a complaint on here about the OP's posting. As a mod, we wouldn't normally let too much excessive shit splatter, but since this isn't an isolated case, I am going to let it run. Tim Paulsen ruined his own reputation without help from anyone. He should not be in business and hopefully he isn't taking advantage of anyone else.

This has been a public service announcement.....

steve_k":25d1n6jk said:
I ordered 2 - 2x12 Buzzbombs on June 1, 2009. I think the total was around $1500. Not sure if he is in the Amazon cutting wood or in China making speakers or just screwing the pooch, or has some other issue. 25 months later no cabs, and wouldn't want the fuckers anyway. If he popped up with them, I would donate them to someone here in need of a cab without the resources. I have written several times, and get the same answer about someone being sick, or lost the order or whatever. I turned it over to AMEX to investigate though several months ago. I think he is just one of the people in the biz that you put in the unreliable turd category and move on.

There was a complaint on here about the OP's posting. As a mod, we wouldn't normally let too much excessive shit splatter, but since this isn't an isolated case, I am going to let it run. Tim Paulsen ruined his own reputation without help from anyone. He should not be in business and hopefully he isn't taking advantage of anyone else.

This has been a public service announcement.....

and incase anyone didn't notice from my recent thread, I've been waiting since December 2009 (that was full payment, 1st payment was made in May 2009). This is fucking ridiculous, what kind of system is this where we have to struggle so much to get a just result? I think all of us who have had our money stolen need to group up and make something happen, I'm from England so I'm not sure if that's to my disadvantage.

Zachman, you give me the impression of knowing more legal stuff than the average person, do you know how I could contact a small claims court online/on the phone?

Back