Ear Candy Cabinets STOLE MY MONEY... BEWARE

I have written Tim my demand letter. We'll see what Tim does with this. Take a look at the letter.

Tim,

I purchased one 2x12 custom Buzzbomb cabinet with order #121307 in the amount of $528.99 on December 13, 2007. To this date I have not received the cabinet I purchased or a refund. I have tried to contact you on numerous occasions with no reply. I have tried to contact you via email without success as well as publicly. You have changed emails and phone numbers so there is no way of contacting you. You have publicly posted fraudulent transaction # 4543578009474341R for the refund of $528.99 which say you gave to me on January 21, 2008. I have contacted my bank to verify this transaction and they have told me that there has been no transaction from EarCandy to my account and were unable verify the transaction #. You have left me with no choice. You have until 3:00pm Central Time Thursday June 18, 2009 to supply me with either a scanned copy of the refund receipt showing a deposit into my account that my bank can verify or a valid tracking # showing where the package has been shipped with the appropriate weight and value or PayPal me $545.95 or I will be going to the police department to press charges for Theft and Credit Card Fraud. The $545.35 amount includes the 3% PayPal fee insuring that I get the full $528.99 that I paid for the custom cabinet.

Todd XXXXXX
479-903-XXXX

ranalli":5ujdi8id said:
I actually sort of agree with this. Not that I would ever discourage a small business startup trying to offer a new product but I think many of these things are over-hyped and people put too much faith in these small poorly run shit businesses(Fab amps anyone?).

I have to agree.

Audioholic":2tntw76e said:
I agree that I would be upset too no doubt. But if someone is threatning to take me to court for ranting over the internet and tarnishing his rep, the LAST thing I would do is continue to do so...

Well, any judge who'd entertain such a bullshit case would deserve a well placed vein laden cock to the chin. Shit, we'd all be sued if this was a valid charge.

dfrattaroli":2uqvpt4y said:
Audioholic":2uqvpt4y said:
I agree that I would be upset too no doubt. But if someone is threatning to take me to court for ranting over the internet and tarnishing his rep, the LAST thing I would do is continue to do so...

Well, any judge who'd entertain such a bullshit case would deserve a well placed vein laden cock to the chin. Shit, we'd all be sued if this was a valid charge.
:hys:

DING DING DING DING, Times UP!!!!!

Tim already has an email from our local detective. :2thumbsup: :clap:
:gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :jedi: :jedi: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :powpow: :uzi: :powpow: :uzi: :powpow: :uzi: :codeak: :codeak: :powpow: :uzi: :codeak:

Oh yeah, AND the Attorney General has been contacted and I filed a claim there. AND I filed a claim with the BBB. :yes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :powpow: :powpow: :powpow: :powpow: :powpow: :powpow: :powpow: :powpow: :codeak: :codeak: :codeak: :codeak:
:gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim: :gethim:

Who's winning NOW Tim?

Guys, let me tell you, my wife bought a bunch of tupperware off of the tupperware private forum and the women never delivered. After many excuses from the women about being sick, in the hospital etc... she stopped communicating altogether. My wife posted a message much like this one and found out the women scammed many people. We called the police and lodged a complaint and they went to her house and warned to return the money or they would press charges. My wife was then given a full refund by the person and it turned out that more than 40 people were scammed for a large amount of money. Only those that actually called the police got their money back. The women still made off with a bunch of peoples money and the police confirmed that none of the bull stories that the women replied with were true. She was an out of work ex-tupperware lady dead beat. True story...

SeaDog":1wswjwa5 said:
Guys, let me tell you, my wife bought a bunch of tupperware off of the tupperware private forum and the women never delivered. After many excuses from the women about being sick, in the hospital etc... she stopped communicating altogether. My wife posted a message much like this one and found out the women scammed many people. We called the police and lodged a complaint and they went to her house and warned to return the money or they would press charges. My wife was then given a full refund by the person and it turned out that more than 40 people were scammed for a large amount of money. Only those that actually called the police got their money back. The women still made off with a bunch of peoples money and the police confirmed that none of the bull stories that the women replied with were true. She was an out of work ex-tupperware lady dead beat. True story...
I believe it. There are many people out there that just want to screw people out of their money so they don't have to work as hard. That's exactly why threads like this are VERY IMPORTANT on the internet. If you couldn't post things like this then they would be able to continue to do this to others. Ear Candy has allegedly done this to many people over the years. It's time to stop them. I can't stand a thief. I feel like they have no place in our society.

some of this I find hard to believe. I had a long wait for my cab. It came in and had a few problems. Had to send it back once, and he solved some of the problems. Now he is making me a replacement cab free of charge since I was never blown away by the original. Communication has been excellent throughout. I just don't know if you are giving us the whole story. Sounds fishy, and like you have an axe to grind.

DoggTheToneHunter":io3uxjwi said:
some of this I find hard to believe. I had a long wait for my cab. It came in and had a few problems. Had to send it back once, and he solved some of the problems. Now he is making me a replacement cab free of charge since I was never blown away by the original. Communication has been excellent throughout. I just don't know if you are giving us the whole story. Sounds fishy, and like you have an axe to grind.

First post, you admit you had problems, admit you weren't blown away with it, then say his story is fishy? Hmmmm...

DoggTheToneHunter":2hihmpga said:
Wow, another "joined TODAY great Ass Candy story". The funny thing is that every great Ass Candy story has come from people that joined the forum the same day. That's what is fishy.

I'm glad you had such a perfect experience with Ass Candy. That doesn't change what happened in my case AT ALL nor all the other peoples bad experiences. I don't think I would go through all the trouble of filing with the police, Attorney Greneral & BBB if my story was made up.

To confirm, YES, I do have an Axe to grind with Ass Candy. I think you would if someone stole your money then laughed at you and threatened you with a law suit if you told anybody. I think that would piss anyone off.

Thanks for the bump though ;))

Please keep us updated on this. I'm very curious to hear the outcome.

I agree that the story is all one sided at this point. However, I think it's very obvious that almost no one has had a smooth transaction with Ear Candy. In almost every case, something has gone wrong, whether it be late delivery or whatever. That alone would make me not want to buy from this guy. Especially when Tourmaster 2X12s are so inexpensive... :D

bbaug14":2xqwyfki said:
Please keep us updated on this. I'm very curious to hear the outcome.

I agree that the story is all one sided at this point. However, I think it's very obvious that almost no one has had a smooth transaction with Ear Candy. In almost every case, something has gone wrong, whether it be late delivery or whatever. That alone would make me not want to buy from this guy. Especially when Tourmaster 2X12s are so inexpensive... :D

And when I put the TM 212 side to side w/ the Ear Candy Buzzbomb..me and all my guitar tone freak friends said hands down the TM212 SMOKES the Buzzbomb. Hence the reason I immediately sold the BB. It sounded hollow compared to the TM 212. Definitely will never buy another cab from Tim. When he took nearly a year to make a cab...that's just insane. I'd get one from Stone Age...or Mojotone. I got 2 cabs from them w/in 3 weeks of ordering them, and there were just as good of quality!!! Plus they all sounded way better :)

Eric

dfrattaroli":32dx8coa said:
I still don't get how it can take a year to get a 2x12 box but Suhr can get my Modern to me in 3-4 months.

Neither do I. I got every excuse in the book from him why it didn't get there in time. I had to really push hard to get him to finally make my cab. Ultimately he did do it, but not after a ton of emails. Definitely not the way to run a business IMHO.

Eric

Tim is the KING of excuses. That's evident by all the customer's comments on the internet.

The detective working my case said Tim did contact him and told him that he did refund my money and he has a transaction #. My bank has went all through their records, twice now, and have found no transactions to back that up. Tim is a lying no good piece of crap. It's gone WAY BEYOND a simple mistake. Now it's evident that he blatantly stole my money and he has no intension of settling this peacefully. He's going to make me prove that he stole it. The detective said that he probably thinks the amount is small enough that he thinks the law will not do anything about it. On Gearslutz I've had 2 more people contact me saying that he STOLE their money as well. They still have no cab and no money after 10 months and over a year for the other guy. That's three of us SO FAR that have been totally scammed. THAT IS BAD BUSINESS. Well, that's not business at all, THAT'S CRIMINAL. :codeak:

I agree. seems like honest business men are getting harder to find these days. Im starting to have problems with Motor City - although nowhere near as bad as a year and a half with no merch/refund. Time will tell with my situation.
ranalli":3es1x7je said:
scottosan":3es1x7je said:
ranalli":3es1x7je said:
Moshaholic":3es1x7je said:
On another nother note.... WTF do people go with and constantly talk about and buy all this non main stream crap from these closet garage amp and cab builders as if this is was the only way to get a great 4x12 or 2x12 cab or amp...???

I have been playing for ages and IMO if you can't get a Mesa, Bogner, VHT or some other main stream cab to make you happy tone wise then WTF???

I actually sort of agree with this. Not that I would ever discourage a small business startup trying to offer a new product but I think many of these things are over-hyped and people put too much faith in these small poorly run shit businesses(Fab amps anyone?).

Even if the product was great which it very well may be....the business aspect would just ruin it for me and it's not worth the risk. But that's just me.
If the dude cant afford to give a refund, I think he will have a hard time paying for a lawyer. As long as tim is sticking to the facts, he has nothing to worry about. Thats the cost of doing business. To many talanted builders out there have no business sense. I think there are people out there that have either sent amps to builders for mods years ago or put deposits on new amps years ago, and are still waiting.

Actually I do take part of that back. Not all builders/modders low key shop guys are as incompetent as some of the stories I've seen over the years. I'd be lying if I didn't have a great experience with JerryP and a few other guitar shop guys....but I must say that those guys are BY FAR in the minority seems like. Too many flakes who don't have an ounce of business sense, get in over their head, then blame the customers with some incoherent bad grammar rant.

droptrd":3edexrq8 said:
I agree. seems like honest business men are getting harder to find these days. Im starting to have problems with Motor City - although nowhere near as bad as a year and a half with no merch/refund. Time will tell with my situation

Wade is not the best with emails, call him.
He has been slammed with orders ever since the pickup shootout.

He went WAY out of his way to help me recently.

He'll come through for you.

toddf007":2scxbr9w said:
I feel the need to post this to save others from getting ripped off. If you are considering buying cabinets from Ear Candy you really need to read on. In Mid December 2007 I custom ordered a loaded cabinet from Tim at Ear Candy. He MADE SURE to get PAYMENT IN FULL up front. He said he was Really Backed Up on orders because he was selling so many cabinets so it would take 6 to 8 weeks to build. I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on a stack so I contacted Tim RIGHT AFTER the turn of the year to try and cancel my order or even have Tim simply sell it to another customer. I knew he had not started my cabinets yet. Tim said that would not be a problem. He would simply build the cabinet and sell it to someone else.

I stayed in close contact with Ear Candy. Or as Tim puts it.... “I drove him crazy with status calls and emails.” After several months went by Tim stopped returning my emails. During this time Ear Candy’s shop got flooded several times. He thought I would just go away and forget about my cab. Well, at this point I wouldn’t have an Ear Candy cab if you gave it to me. Well, maybe to burn on YouTube.

I got Tim’s attention when I posted a comment about this on one of his YouTube videos. THIS REALLY UPSET HIM. Of course, he doesn’t want people to know that he’s a thief. That would be bad for finding future suckers. He didn’t have a problem getting in touch of me then. I received all kinds of threats and abusive language in emails. I would be happy to forward any and all emails to anyone that wants to read just to see what kind of guy we’re talking about.

I guess this will be a battle of the attorneys, because he says he’s going to sue me for telling people the truth about our deal. What I don’t think his attorney knows is this is all FACT. I have not embellished one bit. In fact I left a lot of details out to save people all the reading and keep this as short as possible. That’s called Freedom of Speech. Just so long as everything I say is true there’s NOTHING HE CAN DO!

I’ll let you be the judge. If this had happened to you would you call him a thief or just a great business man? In my opinion the worst kind of criminal are thief's and child molesters. I would like to hear your thoughts. When he drags me into court I would love to show the judge how the rest of America would feel had it been them. People like this must be stopped or they will continue to steal peoples money. He knows that all the attorney fees and court fees would cost more that the cabinet so he THINKS people will just write it off and forget about it. Well, I’ve written the money off, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back and act like it didn’t happen. The funny thing is Tim SAID he’s bigger than the internet and could never be stopped. Is that funny or what. Now that’s a “EGOTISTICAL BIG HEADED BASTARD”!

Feel free to contact me if you would like more info on this matter.
Toddf007@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time.
Todd

Why wait? File a claim for your money now

Back