East Coast Amp Fest?

Where? I'd prob be down if my schedule allows and it's not too far. Would be cool if there was a good show we could go to.

Nashville would be cool and worth the drive for me. I'm near Atlanta.

We have to align with a studio or someone’s property. This is where as a community we all work together and network to see if there’s interest and momentum.

Count me in! I wish I had my studio still… we could use it for the amp fest.
But yeah, I’m in!

I'm near DC and could bring a '79 2204, 5150, Mesa Tremoverb RR-1D, and an AC30. But I don't have the space to host and probably cannot travel far.

I doubt it. We needed to have found a studio by now and setup hotel blocks. No place to play that’s permitted for loud amps, no amp fest.

I'm in. Don't have much right this moment - BE100DLX and a loaner amp that isn't released yet. And a HW Deluxe Reverb -don't think any of you care about that amp though :)

What I don't have is the space. I wonder how hard it would be to rent a space for the day - a room in a church or something similar

I doubt it. We needed to have found a studio by now and setup hotel blocks. No place to play that’s permitted for loud amps, no amp fest.
We've done twice, towards the end of last year, at SIR in Nashville. First one we had a Zinky Mofo, a Rivera 1x12(don't remember the model), VH-4, 68 Super Lead, 73 Super Lead, two Wizards, Friedman BE, and two Cameron modded amps. Also, a bunch of different guitars and cabinets. Me, two friends from Nashville and one RT member, Nigel.
Second one was at the same place, and it was planed last minute, so we didn't even had the chance to advertise it. Also only four people. Myself, the two Nashville friends that were at the first one and they brought another friend.
We spent four hours blasting amps, having fun, and at the end, we split the cost of the room between everyone. Well worth the money.
It wasn't something like the California Amp Show, where you have tens of manufacture booths, seminars, giveaways, and the entire hotel block only for themselves. It was just a few people listening to other peoples amps. This isn't hard to make it happen.

This isn’t four people though. There’s at least 20 amps already listed and the entire east coast implies hotel planning. I’m certainly not showing up for only 4 hours all the way from MD.

This isn’t four people though. There’s at least 20 amps already listed and the entire east coast implies hotel planning. I’m certainly not showing up for only 4 hours all the way from MD.
You're right. Nevermind.

Back