ebay buyer asking for a refund already. paid midnight sunday, i shipped thurs.

JimAnsell

so 4 days it took me to ship a delay pedal, which i admit isnt perfect, but i dont think is unreasonable. buyer started messaging me tuesday asking why it wasnt shipped yet. i have almost 1600 feedback score, all 100% dating back to 1998. am i wrong to think they are being a bit pushy? is this how it is now?

I always ship same day .... and give a track # .... doesn't mean it has to leave your house that day ..... it makes them feel all warm and Fuzzy when they see a track number ...
of course then you'll get hounded on why " it says label created and that's it " lol .....

4 days is too long in my opinion. I wouldn't ask for refund but would definetely voice my displeasure. When i order guitar parts , they usually ship next day or 2 days later. They sometimes are busy and have tons of orders so understandable.

Yes you took too long, yes the buyer is being too pushy. At this point either you work it out or expect bad feedback and possibly a fight to get the bad feedback removed if that is important to you... Not sure if they can or would force you to refund at this point, they have a 3 business days shipping policy so its a possibility, assuming your 4 days of wait were business days.

I have sold a lot in reverb and have from time to time had shipping issues because my job hangs me up. I have at time taken 4-5 days to ship items and been thrown off by my local UPS screwing me over, and then I can’t get to fix an issue until after work or a weekend.
Communication does go a long way but in this internet landscape I’ve seen people get weird thinking I’m scamming them. I’ve had people ask for refunds after a day or two of not shipping and sometimes while it’s already in route.
I just never get too mad and accommodate. I understand after a day or two people get nervous. I’m in a situation right now where an individual requested a refund on a guitar that’s in route to their location. I just said I’ll refund for sure but won’t send anything until I see the guitar is back in route to me.
I would just accept the refund and try to sell it again.

What does your E bay seller info say ? It will indicate what time frame you have offered to ship what you sell. If it's up to 4 days you're good, if it says 1 or 2 days maybe not .

People got used to stuff being shipped next day because of large companies like amazon, that have their delivery chain fully automated. As a private seller, communication is king. It builds trust on the other side and shows them, that you are willing to get the deal done right. Not saying, that this wasn`t your intention in the first place, but people are getting more and more fragile and sometimes the inner "Karen" brakes through.

In your case and with ebay, have a look how many days after purchase you have promised to ship.

Reactions: Geo
I blame Amazon.

If I'm going to take a few days to ship something I always message them and say when I'll be able to ship. No one I've dealt with has ever had a problem with that approach.

Reactions: Geo
so 4 days it took me to ship a delay pedal, which i admit isnt perfect, but i dont think is unreasonable. buyer started messaging me tuesday asking why it wasnt shipped yet. i have almost 1600 feedback score, all 100% dating back to 1998. am i wrong to think they are being a bit pushy? is this how it is now?

Communication is the key. Just let the customer know when you will be able to ship.

He might be in a hurry or on a trip, so might want to get his package on particular day. Happened to me with a small purchase that I needed delivered on a particular day. Talked to the seller, he did what I needed.

I probably would have waited until Wednesday to ask why it hasn't shipped yet. Day 3.
Pedals and little stuff should be packed and ready to ship, or at least everything should be already on hand so that it is ready to ship in a day or two,,,,,,,imo.

The main thing for me is just to be notified that the item is being prepared and packed, and that it will be shipping within the next few days.
4 days isn't the end of the world though lol.

I bought a speaker last Thursday, gave until Tuesday evening to ask if they had an estimate on shipping because I’d seen nothing. No response from seller whatsoever, and I can’t do anything thru eBay until tomorrow due to “estimated delivery window.”

I had this happen on TGP once. I was paid on a Friday and I couldn't ship same day because it was after USPS closed and Saturday my local PO is closed. I had a super busy day Monday so I planned to drop it off Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, but the guy asked me for a refund Sunday because I was taking too long. Oh well, ended up selling it locally for a lot more.

4 days to get it out for shipping isn't that bad as along as you've communicated there's been a delay. I'm fairly patient and understand delays as long as I have a heads up. I wouldn't be asking for a refund that soon, but would be contacting the seller about the hold up around day 5 if I hadn't heard anything.

Back