Egnater Tweaker 15

midnightlaundry

Sorry this isn't the bombastic Arena worthy Head expected of this board, but who has played one?
I want a little amp that can do Vox without the big price tag..

I grabbed a Tweaker 40 from GC about a year ago. The two sides are identical, but on the one I got one side didn't work right. I played with it for a bit on the good side to get a feel for what it could do. I liked the Vox setting though I'm not sure how true to a Vox tone it is. The amp actually had some good sounds and feel, but seeing as it had an issue on Ch 2 I took it back. Unfortunately it was my 2nd experience with Egnater and the first was new out of the box (Renegade) and quickly developed a problem with the tube blend pot on one of the channels. It went back as well and it was a shame because I really like the tone and feature set of the amp. At that time I moved to a US made Egnater Mod50, which was awesome and the Voxless Jaded Faith module was killer.
Not sure if I'm helping your direct questions here, but I've seen the well documented quality issues ring true. I so wish it weren't true as I still really want that Renegade, but keep having to stop myself from getting into the highly probable headaches.

Seems that the T40 had weak Power Transformers that would blow..
I found a Schematic for the T15 and it has 2 Solid State gain stages before the 1st Tube Stage.. Bummer, and this turns me off to the Amp as I just want an old school Tube design. Ironically, it has a Tube Buffered Effects Loop..

What do you play now? Why not a Vox if thats the tone you are looking for? I'm not well versed on them, but I think there are some combos that aren't too expensive.

I briefly tried one in a store many years ago. Similarly one side was faulty, and the other side was nothing special. Too bad, I liked the idea.

I used to own a Tweaker 15. Unfortunately I'm not a Vox guy and can't tell you how close the tweaker sounds. But I remember that the little head impressed everybody that played it. The Fender type cleans were very good, and the dirty sounds were also great boosted and unboosted. I think I had to replace the stock tubes to get it to sound great.

Back