Einstein vs vh4

Dyllheaven88

So in my impatience on the hunt for a used vh4 I picked up a 100 watt Einstein . Had the 50 years ago and liked it , got it today and really digging the tones . I still find myself with vh4 gas . Anyone own both and can comment on both amps ? Fwiw I play mostly drop d some c standard punk hard rock through metal .
Thanks

Different beasts. Tones are equally amazing. Vh4 has more utility. Einstein has a more raw sound imo.

Different beasts. Tones are equally amazing. Vh4 has more utility. Einstein has a more raw sound imo.
Also is it worth the 1500-1600$ difference ? Way I see it you get 4 channels with bright switch on vh4 although independent eq is nice . With Einstein you get two channels each with 3 tonal options = 6 possible tones .

I’m trying to hold onto mine if this is the case . Any particular reasoning or just purely based on tone / ear ?
I just like the sound of the Einstein a lot more than the VH4. I prefer the Herbert over the VH4 also.

It's just my experience of playing them side by side using the same cabs and guitars with the amps.

It's completely subjective.

Also is it worth the 1500-1600$ difference ? Way I see it you get 4 channels with bright switch on vh4 although independent eq is nice . With Einstein you get two channels each with 3 tonal options = 6 possible tones .
Well… Yes and no. Vh4 you can get to 4 sounds easy at a gig. Einstein is basically 2 sounds at a gig without mods. As far as quality they’re just different. Honestly I rarely play my Einstein anymore, but I can’t bare the thought of not having it around. It’s less fussy about cabs and tubes than VH4. When you get the vh4 singing though… there is nothing like it. 🤷‍♂️

Just my opinion though.

Hello
Have them both
Love them both.

For (Diezel-) highs (you need hard working V30 air moving), Dynamic and cut through the Mix:
Master Volumen: 11 o clock
Presence: 1-2 o clock
Deep: 10-1 o clock

VH4 4x6L6er:
„Kante“

More (Marshally) pick attack (3khz?)

Bass and Deep: more is not that bad.
Likes/ handles different cabs /..easier.
„Feels more Metal“
Palm Mute pick attack Amp.

Einstein 4x el34:
„smooth Rotz“

Lot more Dynamic, tiny bit less compressed (?)
(Unbeleavable Dynamic!)
Be carefull with Bass and Deep.
Need to cut more Bass and Deep with different cabs. Needs more presence to cut through. More Marshall upper mids but round/smooth , open, Soldano and Kind of Herbert Deep (?) Frequences(?).
„Feels more Rock“
Needs more of the „Heavy Dynamic pick Hand“ than the VH4. Pick Hand determines the Tone. I like that a lot! More fun to play open Heavy chords. Always Channel One Mode 3. all at none/ 12 o clock. Master , presence and Deep for the Situation. nothing else. Einstein is the beast.

Both with fender(?) clean Sound, just roll down the Volumen on the Guitar.
I play p90s les Pauls,
mesa rectifier 4x12 cabs for a Deep warm slow Bass Wood feeling.
Bogner 2x12 for more fast, tight, warm and cut…
Always v30s.

🐱

Back