El Capistan...

sandman":2emg931a said:
I want an el cap badly. But i don't like $299

Yeah me neither. Especially since that's what I used to pay for a real EP-3. Oh well.

The used ones seem to get snapped up pretty quickly.

ratter":6ulwki2f said:
Is it still the "tape" delay to beat? Anything better/newer/shinier out there?
Love mine. I don't care what comes out after it, you are never going to get closer to a real echoplex sound-wise. The best there is at what it does...

Steve

I almost pulled the trigger on a used wampler faux tape echo.. i kind of regret not going with it now after watching you tube vids. Not as many knobbies to tweak so you are more limited but the sound really appealed to me. That said, 199$ for the unit new without tap tempo adn 229$ with tap tempo. At that point, maybe you just wanna go all the way to el cap.

I have both the Skreddy Echo & the Strymon El Capistan. While I really dig what the Skreddy does, I like the El Cap better. I'd really like to try the Empress VMSD some time down the road. Hefty price tag on them even used.

I have an El Cap and have access to the Eventide. They are both excellent but the El Cap is the ticket if it's authentic tape sounds you're after. The Eventide sounds like a really, really good digital delay, which it is.

Okay...I scored a El Cap and Favorite switch minty on ebay about 7 months ago. I was very hesitant, even though I heard clips from strymon. I felt it was a lot of money, and I had also bought a couple years ago a Eventide Timeline, which I returned. Just too digital sounding for me, otherwise versatile delay.

The EL CAP is brilliant. I always have it on in the loop, mix controls vary, but it has ZERRRO tone suck, and your amp sounds just like your amp. I also bought a couple months back the TC Alter Ego from proguitarshop, cuz I was thinking if it was just as good I would use that and dump the El Cap? Well, two days after getting the Alter Ego, I requested a refund. Not nearly as transparent, and tone suck off the high end. To My Ears, a lot of TC stuff does this, and that's why I have a hard time buying/using their stuff.

The El Cap is awesome.

Back