Engl Savage mkii fx loop issues

FondledDuck

Having a hard time with certain pedals in the fx loop. My Empress Echosystem sounds great... it has a mix and output control (which are the reasons why I think this pedal works so well with this amp) and on the Savage I have the fx loop knob at noon. When I use my Suhr Alexa chorus it sounds horrible - loss of high end and considerable volume drop. The same chorus pedal sounds great through other amps’ fx loops. Please help!

Can you try the following?
Lower the channel volume(s) and raise the master, see if the problem persists?

With my Savage 60 and Invader I typically run channel volumes around 1 or 2 'o clock and the master very low (around 8), but when I had an SE EL34, I noticed the same as you describe; loss of high-end and 'aliveness' in the fx-loop. Once I ran the channel volumes around 9 'o clock, the problem dissapeared. Don't know why this happens though. :confused:

I’ll try that, thanks!!

Speeddemon":1xndugx7 said:
Can you try the following?
Lower the channel volume(s) and raise the master, see if the problem persists?

With my Savage 60 and Invader I typically run channel volumes around 1 or 2 'o clock and the master very low (around 8), but when I had an SE EL34, I noticed the same as you describe; loss of high-end and 'aliveness' in the fx-loop. Once I ran the channel volumes around 9 'o clock, the problem dissapeared. Don't know why this happens though. :confused:

What's the outcome, OP? I have an Invader I, but it's loop reads almost the same in the manual. I hooked up a rack effect in my invader's loop, and it sounds fine, but I've never tried any pedals in the loop. The Savage II manual says you can hook up a pedal in the loop too.

shadow":36uz3sft said:
What's the outcome, OP? I have an Invader I, but it's loop reads almost the same in the manual. I hooked up a rack effect in my invader's loop, and it sounds fine, but I've never tried any pedals in the loop. The Savage II manual says you can hook up a pedal in the loop too.

It worked!

Good to hear that.
Strange though that some Engl amps' fx-loops are less picky about the channel volumes.

Back