EPIC NGD: Black Water Custom Guitars Custom 7-string

Khoi

IT IS FINALLY HERE.

Some of you may have seen the build thread (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...k-water-guitars-7-string-double-ii-build.html)

but I finally got it today, and oh boy is it as good as can be. Build took only 3 months and 8 days, which is quite incredible seeing how I have a Bernie Rico Jr. that has been in the building for nearly 2 years now...

This thing plays like an absolute BEAST. Neck profile is absolutely perfect for what I was after, and it plays like a 6-string, literally. The thing sounds massive, insanely articulate and clear, which is just what I wanted. The guitar feels amazing in every way.

I am EXTREMELY satisfied and will definitely look into ordering a 6-string from Black Water Guitars again. Aaron (the luthier) was extremely responsive, communicative, and helpful along every step of the way. For the price, you literally can't go wrong... definitely check them out if you're looking into a guitar.

https://www.facebook.com/BlackWaterGuitars
http://www.blackwaterguitars.com/

Specs:

25.5" scale
BKP Cold Sweat set
Hipshot bridge
Quilted Maple top
Mahogany Body
5 piece Honduran Rosewood w/ Brazilian Ebony fillets
2-way truss rod
Stainless Steel frets
Rounded fret ends
15" radius

Sorry for the millions of pics. But a video will come soon-ish....

10w3V.jpg

jem6I.jpg

o07nR.jpg

T6L4j.jpg

qT9le.jpg

hnuBY.jpg

TLsRC.jpg

Aaron's shots before he sent it out:

pBYQT.jpg

e6JRW.jpg

TJMfs.jpg

Juggernaut":1ivf0iyn said:
Very Black Machine-esqe.... I like it :D

Whats the pricing on that? Ballpark...

incredibly reasonable, ~$2000 depending on your options.

Khoi":1uvnaz71 said:
Juggernaut":1uvnaz71 said:

That's awesome for the level of what appears to be top-drawer craftsmanship.

Holy shit thats fucking sick... I love that thing one of the best tops I think I have ever seen... Congrats on that masterpiece... :rock:

Ventura":1v3ap618 said:
Khoi":1v3ap618 said:
Juggernaut":1v3ap618 said:

That's awesome for the level of what appears to be top-drawer craftsmanship.

it really is, but he's still a newer luthier and he's definitely starting to get his name out there!

I'm happy I hopped on before the build times started to increase, and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a 6-string from him in the future. I could not be happier :rock:

dwizted":1uyk7gg5 said:
Holy shit thats fucking sick... I love that thing one of the best tops I think I have ever seen... Congrats on that masterpiece... :rock:
Everybody says that it seems about new custom guitars, but for once, I am in complete mutual agreement here! That top is just balls to the walls amazing! I really like how the top is not "bordered" by the white binding, meaning that the top is visible below the binding as well. It really make the binding pop and it works since the binding does not go all the way around the body.

I have been following Aaron's builds on SS.org, and I said there, and I will say it here. I REALLY hope this guy keeps his awesome craftsmanship and business on the top and not become overwhelmed and out of control like many new luthiers today. All his builds look amazing and is one of the few builders who actually make a GOOD bolt-on heel!! It is 2012, GTFO with these 1960s obtrusive block heels.

HOLEE CRAAAPPP!!! That's killer!

Now that I've finally joined the seven-string-fraternity... I'm starting to eyeball an eventual upgrade to my Schecter Damien Elite C7 (which I really like). That Blackwater is a beaut an I'll keep that builder in mind. :rock:

Btw... I am assuming that an option would be for that Parker Fly-ish headstock to be right-side up?

Back