Epiphone SG Pro upgrades

Aside from pickups is there anything I should upgrade that would make a tonal difference?
I'll play with the pickups for a while and can change them as needed and will do a fret dress, I just bought it used.
Just wondering about the electronics or bridge, the nut has to be replaced anyway.
Thanks.

-your on the right path, the first thing I do is bypass the tone controls, if it has the PCB & harness I remove that to, what's it got for tuners? If there Grovers there fine,

sg guy":jmfvsp9x said:
-your on the right path, the first thing I do is bypass the tone controls, if it has the PCB & harness I remove that to, what's it got for tuners? If there Grovers there fine,

The tuners are Epiphone Deluxe. There are PCB's on the volume pots, I assume that's for the push/pull or coil taps?

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Prophecy Plus. I put a new nut - comp i think. And had the saddles ground to match the radius of the fret board. That guitar plays as good as my 2K Gibson Les Paul (which i have literally done nothing to).

pasinbyyou":usghay1k said:
I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Prophecy Plus. I put a new nut - comp i think. And had the saddles ground to match the radius of the fret board. That guitar plays as good as my 2K Gibson Les Paul (which i have literally done nothing to).

The saddles didn't match from the factory?

Back