EQ after Torpedo Live

hotguit

Hi everybody
I recently acquired a TC 1128 graphic eq in good shape and it is a great eq.
I use it just after my ADA MP1 (at line level) then into my Marshall's return loop jack and then to my torpedo live.
The big problem is that the TC output level is very low compared to the ADA output level so it kills my tone; turning up TC's input gain and output level controls (+ 5 db / + 6db) they increase the noise a lot.
What about putting the TC AFTER the Torpedo Live but before my time based rack effects?
Could it work? or i have to put the TC at the end of the chain in the mixer loop?
Or better using Torpedo live eq?
Thank you
Peter
my chain is
ADA MP1 V1 (switch on "line level")
TC 1128
ADA DIGITIZER (for chorus only)
VOODOO LAB SWITCHER/LOOPER
MARSHALL RETURN LOOP JACK
YAMAHA SPX 50D (for symphonic chorus only) - same as SPX 90 but more guitar friendly and with instrument leve output (maybe better after the Torpedo live uh?)
TORPEDO LIVE
ROCKTRON INTELLIFEX BLACKFACE (STEREO SETTINGS) (for multi voices chorus only)
RANE SM26
ROLAND SDE 2500 (left)
ROLAND SDE 2500 (right)
IBANEZ SDR 1000+ (STEREO SETTINGS)
MIXER
MONITORS

Placing the TC after the LIVE is the best setup -use a TRS jack to XLR Male to connect the LIve's output to the TC's input. You will adjust the gain input in the TC so that it does not clip. The TC will output more or less the same level as the Live to your audio interface/mixing desk in that setup.

Just done it. It works very well (better than TC right after ada MP1 and BEFORE TN Torpedo live, where it killed the sound)
Thank you
Peter

Back